Seized Suspension

Stuntdevil

Legacy Member
I bought H&R coilovers for my 2012 Audi A4 about a year and a half ago, we tried lowering the car this spring but the front suspension is completely seized up. The back ones seems to be fine and lower ok. Has anyone experienced this before? what to do in this situation?

If you have any contact numbers for garages who will be able to unseize them, please let me know

Thank-you montreal winter!

A friend of mine suggested to leave the entire coilover in transmission fluid overnight.
Haven't actually tried it, but you can always try torching it to expand the collar (not recommended - kind of dangerous)

On ne le dira jamais assez, anti-seized lol! Beurrez-en épais!

En général, ton mécanicien devrait arriver à faire quelque chose si c'est pas trop saisie...

1) Prendre son temps
2) brosse à métal sur les filets avec du wd40
3) laisser reposer en ayant soaker les threads de wd40 (guenille soaker attaché après les threads)
4) un autre coup de brosse à métal
5) encore du wd40 pour aider
6) Gratter les threads avec un tournevis "crochet" avec encore plus de wd40
7) Jig-A-Loo en masse pour lubrifier
8) tourner tranquillement la noix sans trop forcer pour pas casser la vis

good luck

Been there done that, pray bar + hammer did the job !

34994237.jpg

pb blaster or wd-40, let it sit. Always grease up the coilovers after install and before winters.
I Buttered mine with wheel bearing grease and it was chill.

i dunno why people recommend wd-40 to lube things up..that product is shit...use something like liquidwrench or fluid film...much more effective. Read about wd-40 and what its purpose is..water dispenser..

i dunno why people recommend wd-40 to lube things up..that product is shit...use something like liquidwrench or fluid film...much more effective. Read about wd-40 and what its purpose is..water dispenser..
this , Wd40 is real sh*t, Pb blaster, release all or liquid wrench is the real deal

Walter BOLT-OUT if you can find some, it's a speciality product meant to dissolve rust and grime on threads and break loose seized nuts. WD-40 is a mild lubricant and won't do you no good, aside from lubricating squeaky door hinges, it's not for that purpose.

Nautical lithium grease for the threads and a hint of copper anti-sieze where they sit, will look dirty, but won't be fucked in the long therm...

WD-40 is not to lube things up, it is to penetrates into the thread to help loosen the nuts and disolves whatever corrosion there is in the thread.

My trick is to use WD-40 to "clean" the strut threads and loosen the nut and then use a lubricant once it's time to turn the nut.

Back