Any MotoGP fans?

ZX4life

For along time I loved watching F1, went to many races in MTL over the years. There were probably a couple seasons I could name every driver on the grid. Over the last 7-8 years I've watched it less and less. I find the races are boring and the more sophisticated the cars got, the less you feel like the driver has control. I tried watching a couple this year and by 15 laps in I'm bored to death and just give up.

MotoGP on the other hand is incredible.

If you know nothing and have never seen a race watch this (even if you have watch it anyway!)
[video=vimeo;32756097]http://vimeo.com/32756097[/video]

Is that not the coolest racing ever? There are sooo many races with close 1st-2nd place finishes. Yes you still have your dominant teams (Honda/Yamaha) but it doesn't matter. The races are only roughly 25 laps (30-40min) so by the time you might begin to feel bored there is only 5-6 laps left which pulls you right back into the action. And physically seeing these guys work the bike is un-believable. Leaning over the 60 degree mark while rubbing elbows all at 200+kph is just insane.

A quick recap for this season centres around lasts years champion Marc Marquez. He set the record last season by becoming the youngest MotoGP champion ever (20years old) and is now in the process of creating a new record by not only polling every race this season but also wining. That may seem boring in a way, but let me tell you it's been incredible to watch. A couple races ago he had a bad start and ended up falling back to 10th place, by lap 16 he was back fighting for 1st and of course ended up winning. The latest race was a crazy battle between him and Jorge Lorenzo ( the guy Marquez robbed the championship from last year). They probably passed each other over 10 times in the final 5 laps of the race fighting for 1st place.

The next race is this Sunday, they play on the Speed network locally. I highly recommend giving it a try, they are very entertaining races. We will see if Marquez can continue his record breaking streak or will the 'now awake' Jorge Lorenzo will finally topple him. Not to mention the incredible Valentino Rossi (the Michael Schumacher of MotoGP) who defies the odds by not only still racing at his age (35) but also being very competitive.

Last edited:
Oui la derniere course était malade. Moto GP est de loin meilleur à la F1 a mon avis.

I agree with you. I've watched the motoGP for the last 4 years and the battles are far more exciting to watch compared to F1. Watching the pilots fight to get up the grid is fun. Also the TTs races are fun especialy the 24H Le Mans dear god...

^^ That's some wild racing *tu*

Well Marquez did! 7 in a row. He didn't get qualifying pole this time though. He actually had 1st until later in the session when both Jorge Lorenzo and Dani Pedrosa took 1st and 2nd. Marquez went back out to try and re-gain 1st place but crashed in turn 1 trying to push the bike way to hard, luckily he was fine.

So the great Valentino Rossi lead the race for most of it, being closely chased by Marquez, Pedrosa and Lorenzo. When Marquez finally passed him (for good) Pedrosa followed close behind. You would figure a teammate would have a little more respect for the guy trying to maintain and world record setting win streak but oh-no, Pedrosa tried as hard as he could to take 1st place from Marquez to the point he bumped his rear tire during the last lap and went way wide in the corner because of it. Marquez didn't seem to affected from the bump and sailed past the last couple corners for 1st, followed by Rossi who took advantage of Pedrosa's mistake.

Was another great race to watch... can't wait for the next. June 28th in the Netherlands.

been watching it for years, although it's harder to watch since speed is dead on Bell

Back