jeep guys GIH! need advice for my little sister

delsolxxxsir

Legacy Member
she's lookijg for a jeep. I once had a guy that really knew them and I remember it was quite complicated and precise what year had what good parts...

she will not mod it, no jacking up or anything, just needs a good reliable jeep that is as good on gas as possible, I know, quite the oxymoron :p

waiting for your advices!!!

of course has to be able to get conveertible without the doors :p

6k a 10k pour un Wrangler ca va etre un TJ (1996-2006) mais y'en a pas gros sur le marche dans cette bracket de prix la pi la plupart sont modifié (pas fuel-efficient)

La mecanique est fiable, le body est rouilleux(ailes avant/contour de windshield) pi le frame pourri au dessus du support de upper control arm arriere.

now pics of sis. ;)

edit

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-autos-camion...ler/598932130?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true Y'as une couple de spot de rouille mais overall y'as l'air en pas pire shape.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-autos-camion...ion/599467445?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true Lui too y'as l'air propre.

Ishhh! for 6 to 10K you have to go with the TJ not the Wrangler (JK). For that price it will be old and high mileage. Not a girl car :D

even if I did pot pics, you wouldn't help either, let's be honest lol

so what model? she found an 04 with less than 100k for 8000. how about that year? it's a TJ sport. what to look for?

Comme jai dit plus haut. Check le frame au dessus du rear upper control arm. Cogne avec un marteau pour voit si cest pourri.

Sinon ya pas grand choses dautre a checker. Ya rien de special sur ces trucks la.

I can get you a brand new 2 door wrangler for about 24-25K WELL equipped... Jeeps seem to have the same tendencies as 240sx's, 500$ car selling for 5000$... Hence the 6k to 10k ones are usually rusty, high mileage, rough trucks...

guy gives 10k budget, other guy suggests 25k car.

MR.

lol yeah! so close!!! :p 25k bran new car at that! so saaq taxes, insurance premiums and all that jazz to boot!

ehm.... how to say this politely... no... no thank you...

plus the thread was really meant to be an informative one. of course the suggestions are welcomed! But what I really wanted to know is what to look for

Take one with the L6 4.0L. The 4 cyl is so weak it's not really better on gas.

But there isnt much to say. Just check the usual for old cars/truck. Maintenance is the key.

Apart from the motor they are pretty much all the same.

she's lookijg for a jeep. I once had a guy that really knew them and I remember it was quite complicated and precise what year had what good parts...

she will not mod it, no jacking up or anything, just needs a good reliable jeep that is as good on gas as possible, I know, quite the oxymoron :p

waiting for your advices!!!

of course has to be able to get conveertible without the doors :p

Oh and by the way, you dont just push a button...

guy gives 10k budget, other guy suggests 25k car.

MR.

lol yeah! so close!!! :p 25k bran new car at that! so saaq taxes, insurance premiums and all that jazz to boot!

ehm.... how to say this politely... no... no thank you...

plus the thread was really meant to be an informative one. of course the suggestions are welcomed! But what I really wanted to know is what to look for

I was not suggesting a New one, I was pointing out that a rust bucket will sell for 8-10K. And that new ones are only double that. If there is something I could recommend, it would be to look at auctions. We have picked up 2 of them lately 2010 and 2011 for under 12K, under 100K mileage.

hahah,lol j'ai assez donner en terme de réparation et de lavage c'est mon 4ième jeep et celui-la j'ai réussi à le garder sur l' asphalte. J'ai acheter ça d'une femme de 55ans et avant c'était à sa fille, j'ai pogner un bon deal, je veux exactement ce que tu as....lol JKU Rubicon (2012 +).

Back