F80 M3 - Unreal power

DivImport

Unreal power - 110whp over stock with a simple tune on pump gas. FBO M3/M4s will be pushing over 600 crank horsepower when all is said and done.

Link: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25698

Hey guys,

Got back from a couple hours of dyno tuning and came back with some interesting results. This car definitely likes E85...

The JB4 now has full electronic wastegate control in addition to the fuel mass control & CANbus, pathing the way for E85 testing. The test car is our 2015 DCT M3, 100% stock with a JB4, with ethanol mixed with 91 octane at 30-50%.

I've been running E30 for the last week on a tune that ramps up to around 25psi and I've been very impressed with it. On the dyno today running that same trim resulted in a very consistent ~510whp / ~510wtq results. Although the turbo holds boost to redline it looks like shifting around 6000rpm will result in the best acceleration results as power noses off above that.

While I had it strapped down I decided to explore more aggressive power levels. Added a little more E85 and went on an hour long adventure through many different curves and tweaks. Finally arrived at a 28psi peak tune which yielded ~540whp / ~575wtq. I've not tested this much on the street so we'll have to see how viable it is. But this just goes to show you how much room was left on the table for tuning with this platform.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Seriously thia is getting annoying.

Same arguments 10 years ago when every kid would tell a civic with $x in upgrades would be faster than (insert car).

We know the Americans are fast, we don't care.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

MrSpace said:
Seriously thia is getting annoying.

Same arguments 10 years ago when every kid would tell a civic with $x in upgrades would be faster than (insert car).

We know the Americans are fast, we don't care.

Some people prefere severe nose diving, wobly rattlecans with a massive amount of crank horsepowers... some prefer properly engineered rides... even tough both will get you from point a to point b...
Some like cheap beers filled with corn syrup, others rater have fine wine, even tough both will get you a hangover...
I'd rather go for the latter, it's not about results it's about the whole package

Great, now its only about 80whp short of a car that costs 15k less.

Famous-characters-Troll-face-Troll-face-poker-45046.png

Not sure what car ur talking about but let's say some rich dude decided to give u for free the bimmer in this tread or the car you speak of , which would you take ?

I can't see the pic

lol @ all the butthurt fanboys who act like white knights when someone says something mean against the M3 (or any other car for that matter)

THIS

It's easy to make power, not as easy to make it reliable.

BMW turbo engines seem like they are underrated from the factory and built with a lot of tolerance to increase boost. Most people on E90post have over 360whp with pretty much just a chip and no one has problems caused by the chip (hpfp is not related)

I don't think it would be blowing any soon .. Didn't see any tuned supercharged s4 or vw 1.8t and 2.0t blown engines because of a tune..

Ils l'ont passé au E85 et tout le monde est étonné de la nouvelle tune? c'est asser normal de faire plus de power sur du E85 ou tu peux grimper le timing en malade.
On parle d'une tune ET du gaz différent. C'est pas comme si BMW avait underrated la m3 sur du pump gaz juste pour le fun.

guessing we will start reading about blown S55B30 soon

True that... I think people fail to understand that if BMW could have made it more powerful AND last the full warranty without any issues, they would have done so.

Oh well, it's not like BMW parts were expensive or anything...

^^ Seeing as it's been achieved by simply using a different type of fuel and tuning accordingly, one could assume they could've made it more powerful, but it would've had to rely on fuel not available everywhere.

Back