une question de tv la marque Seiki ??? (search marche pas)

I work in the industry and yes it's quite common. Baller TV's cost $10k+

#priorities

Je peux comprendre le besoin d'acheter des électro-ménagers de haut de gamme (ie: cuisinière à induction ou à gaz de haut de gamme). Mais une TV à + de 10K$? Ce n'est pas pour monsieur-tout-le-monde. Ça me surprend que tu me dises que c'est devenu commun.

Je peux comprendre le besoin d'acheter des électro-ménagers de haut de gamme (ie: cuisinière à induction ou à gaz de haut de gamme). Mais une TV à + de 10K$? Ce n'est pas pour monsieur-tout-le-monde. Ça me surprend que tu me dises que c'est devenu commun.

Spending $10k is not common for sure, $3,500 much more so.

+3500$, c'est un "peu + acceptable". Mais ça évolue tellement vite là-dedans. Les 8K s'en viennent.

Je crois qu'il y a deux façon d'acheter une TV:
1) Moins de 1000$ pour 50" et moins: bon rapport prix/besoin comblé. Ça fait la job.
2) Plus de 3500$ pour 60" et plus: OLED, QLED, etc... pour une fidélité d'image excellente.

Je trouve pour les TV entre 1000$ et 2500$, ça ne vaut pas la peine. C'est souvent des TV de grandes tailles (55" et plus) mais dans la même gamme que les TV moins de 1000$ pour 50" et moins. Quoique c'était comme ça il y a 3ans. Les prix ont surement baissés entre temps.

With the way the technology is advancing these days, what cost $5000 3-5 years ago you can get for $500 now. It's been like that for a while and will continue to be that way. The consumption machine must not be stopped! New gimmicks every 6 months so they can sucker people into buying a new TV every year or 2.

Personally I've never spent more than $500 on a TV and that was a Panasonic 27" CRT. My current screen is a Toshiba 1080p 43" that I paid $298 for a couple years ago and it suits me just fine.

8k is already here. Funny thing is, $3500 isn't even close to what would be considered high end these days. Best Buy is selling $20,000 TV's and people that want to put together a nice home theatre are not shopping at Best Buy, they're going to specialty shops.

But to put it into perspective, VHS players used to cost $1500+ back in the day which is $4500+ today. VHS tapes were $100+. A 19" TV was $750 in 1980, ~$2300 today. If you insist on having the newest technology it has always been expensive. It's just way harder to keep up and have it all nowadays with the rate that new tech is coming out.

Y a-t-il vraiment du monde qui ont du haut de gamme comme TV chez eux (à part BoxsterBoy ou SilverViper)?

C'est pas tout le monde qui vont payer +3500$ pour une TV.

Ça dépend de ce que tu vas faire avec. J'écoute beaucoup de tele surtout l'hiver, entre le hockey et la F1 je suis quelques teléséries et j'aime bien écouter un bon film de peur de temps en temps. Disons que ma prochaine TV sans être une TV baller 10.000$ 8K risque d'être une TV mid-range plutôt que du bas de gamme comme j'ai en ce moment. J'étais au BB l'autre soir et les 8K sont impréssionantes mais impossibles a justifier la dépense pour moi. Meme 2000$ ce serait trop, mais t'as des belles TV autour de 1000~1200$ que ce soit au Costco ou BB qui vont faire un excellent upgrade quand ma vielle LG 2012 va peter.

Une note: Masaker s'adonnait a avoir exactement la meme LG que moi et la sienne a lâché cet hiver dans un puff of smoke et sans avertissement comme un Subaru magouillé donc selon moi la mienne est dans sa période de grâce lol... Quand meme, 7 ans pour une LG que j'ai payée 1300$ dans le temps que les TV coutaient toutes en haut de 1000$ c'est pas pire déjà. Surtout que la mienne est pratiquement toujours allumée quand on est a la maison.

With the way the technology is advancing these days, what cost $5000 3-5 years ago you can get for $500 now. It's been like that for a while and will continue to be that way. The consumption machine must not be stopped! New gimmicks every 6 months so they can sucker people into buying a new TV every year or 2.

Personally I've never spent more than $500 on a TV and that was a Panasonic 27" CRT. My current screen is a Toshiba 1080p 43" that I paid $298 for a couple years ago and it suits me just fine.

8k is already here. Funny thing is, $3500 isn't even close to what would be considered high end these days. Best Buy is selling $20,000 TV's and people that want to put together a nice home theatre are not shopping at Best Buy, they're going to specialty shops.

But to put it into perspective, VHS players used to cost $1500+ back in the day which is $4500+ today. VHS tapes were $100+. A 19" TV was $750 in 1980, ~$2300 today. If you insist on having the newest technology it has always been expensive. It's just way harder to keep up and have it all nowadays with the rate that new tech is coming out.

That's the early adopter premium. Although the 8K demos are astounding I wouldn't buy one TODAY because of the lack of content. At least 4K content is more widely available now to justify getting a decent UHD TV with a nice black level and brightness. I paid 1800$ for a 480p Hitachi 52" projection TV around 2001-2002. But I also still have a 899$ 720p 52" LG Plasma TV in the basement that I use to watch hockey games by the fireplace and that I bought in 2006-2007.

When I look at my TV right now I can see the colors are starting to wash out, the black level is more like a gray level and although the LED backlight is still strong, it's edge lit and you can really see the corners in darker scenes. For example last week's GoT episode was horrible to watch there even though I had 1080p source content.

^ I wonder if Masaker had a power conditioner or surge suppressing power bar at least.

No idea - mine is plugged into a small 50$ UPS.

I received the Seiki and it's exactly as discussed. The colors are way off calibration but a quick online search yielded decent calibration precanned results.

I was pleasantly surprised by the build quality, the stand and TV are sturdy. It has 4 HDMI inputs and 2 USB which can be used as a source (not sure for what kind of content or format.)

The remote control is depressing and looks right out of the mid 1990s.

seiki3.JPG

Here it's a simple 1080p static image from a 1st gen Chromecast:

seiki1.JPG

Here it's a 4k demo video streaming from YouTube on the laptop that's next to it. It's showing some tearing in the motion when action is present but I blame the laptop for that, it's an old ASUS that's not really designed for 4k and is running Ubuntu.

seiki2.JPG

But you know what? For 319.63$ tax included (278$) it's not horrible.

Le 4k sa sert fucking a rien pour mettre dans son salon a moins d'etre a 1m... ou d'en avoir une de 200 pouce a 3m.

Mais, le 4k est utile dans les cinéma.

prend un 4k et une 1080p, mets toi a 3m, essaye de faire la différence.

Le même débat qu'il y a 7-8 ans avec le 720p vs 1080p...

Le même débat qu'il y a 7-8 ans avec le 720p vs 1080p...
Tu quote quelques chose d il y a 5 ans haha.

Les TV 4k ont juste des meilleures technologies, c est pas vraiment le nombre de pixel qui aide.

C est sur que sur une 65-75 sa commence a se faire remarquer par contre.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Tu quote quelques chose d il y a 5 ans haha.

giphy.gif

Back