Gars cherche série/char de course - Looking for a race series/car

I'll gladly take a homebrew BMW built with used parts from Turner Motorsport over that... I can only imagine how it drives after seeing stock cars at road courses... Maybe I'm too fancy?

I'm sure it would be a lot of fun, It's quicker than an E36 M3 for sure, but I honestly don't know how much of that extra speed is due to the 800hp engine :p

Pas si cher en fait je pense. Les pads sont pas très cher parce que c'est des formats répandus en compounds de course, les pneus apparemment sont pas cher, surtout si t'achètes des scrubs d'équipes de course. Par contre c'est assez lourd me semble et je ne sais pas quel carburant ça utilise. Aussi, carburateurs = toujours en train de faire des réglages?

Les pads, disques et calipers sont vraiment pas chers, tu peux les avoir chez Essex Parts très facilement.

J'avais pas pensé mais effectivement ça pourrait être cher: L'essence c'est du racegas (110+octane si je ne me trompe pas) Les carburateurs c'est plutôt difficile à ajuster si tu t'appelles pas Roger et que tu n'as pas 60 ans...

Une option à envisager serait une Trans-Am TA2. Châssis en tube, moteur LS3 de 500hp, injection électronique et transmission dogbox, monté avec des pièces de NASCAR.

Une belle montée pour la course sur circuit:

http://www.racingjunk.com/GT/182207232/2014-GTA-GT2-Camaro-V8-Stockcar-Track-day.html 45000$

http://www.racingjunk.com/GT/182207646/READY-TO-RACE-Trade-for-Corvette-C6.html 17000$

http://www.racingjunk.com/GT/182234705/2014-Camaro-for-GT2.html 39000$

http://www.racingjunk.com/GT/182249632/Camaro-SCCA-GT2-Trans-Am-TA2-NASA-V8-Stock-.html 35000$

Sérieux c'est toute une machine pour le prix avec des vraies pièces de course.

Toute une machine mais dans quelles classes ça me mettrait? Un peu extrême, c'est pas des saisons à petit budget à ce niveau-là, même si la plateforme est intéressante.

I investigated SpecE46 a little. There isn't a points-scoring class in BMWCCA for it (yet) and therefore no real racing north of the border. I think given a few years it could become a pretty popular class because the basics are good, but as it stands it would take a while before enough momentum builds for significant car counts in many races at many tracks, especially here. The guys behind the series literally told me "build a car and more will come (to the series)", but I'm not looking to be the trailblazer going around the track on my own because I don't have anyone to play with; in fact I'm looking for the very opposite of that.

Also, the E36 being more than 15 years old is simpler to import from the USA now (no RIV crap to deal with). And there are a lot of already-built cars; I'm trying to find out what the possibilities are re: registering a car for road use that has a rollcage.

Fair enough Seb, I do understand your position and appreciate you looking into this.
Down the road I see that as the replacement for the aging E36 series.....but will take some time.

Duty 6.1%(unless US Origin) , GST 5% + A/CTax 100.00 (if applicable)

Regardless of age, it it still subject to the US Export 72 hour hold/inspection rule
To be plated a VIN will be required.

Even if outside the 15 year period, you will still need the RIV Form completed for Customs (Box 16) but without the RIV Fees.(I can pass on the Form, if you need)

Will let the experts chime in on the Provincial Inspection requirements.

Dave, according to the RIV itself (I sent them an email), I won't need the RIV form completed for customs:

Vehicles older than 15 years of age and buses manufactured before January 1st, 1971 are not regulated at the time of importation by the Motor Vehicle Safety Act. These vehicles are not required to complete the federal inspection, provide recall clearance or make the payment of $195+tax.

This means that you can import these types of vehicles into Canada if they meet Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) entry requirements. At the border, officers will:

- establish its non-regulated status due to age,

- inspect for possible soil contaminants,
- examine the ownership documents,
- collect taxes and/or duties if applicable and,
- determine admissibility according to other Canadian customs regulations that may apply.

Of course I'll still have to send in the documents to the US Export customs 72 hours in advance, and pay duty and tax. I went through all of this (minus the duty of course) for the 'vette.

Main obstacle will/could be the SAAQ inspection if the car has a cage in it.

///

It might be a little late to be starting an E46 series... By the time the series gets significant traction, the cars will be old again. The most recent ones are almost 10 years old now. I would be trying to start an E9X series right now, based on the N/A cars, not the 335, which could provide many years of good competition using recent cars. Some E9X 330s can be found under $15K; I'd gladly spend $10K more on a car that is much more recent and would allow me to compete for a lot more years. Of course, there may be complications for racing due to the increasingly sophisticated electronics...

They don't need it..but you do if you want to plate it ! :rulez:
No RIV Fee and out of the RIV Program.

Will pack a Form and pass on.
Has to be completed AND stamped by Customs at the Border.

Yes, the E90 Cars have quite a bit of electronics . :run:
I almost bought an E90 330i 2006. Strong car, chassis even overwhelms the engine.
Too many computers, relays and sensors to deal with , at my level.

That's the point, cars older than 15 years are exempt from the RIV program. I will still get proof from Customs that I imported the car, in order to show the SAAQ, but no need to go through the RIV process (federal inspection, recall clearance letter, fee). Unless I'm missing something.

Emailed secret information !!

Billing to follow.*contract*

Dave S

Delta Customs Brokers
514 843-8864

:D

Last edited:
Turbo E36 ? j'ai une M3 1999 avec un kit technique tuning stage 2, et un kit de freins massive 332mm pas installé. par contre c'est une voiture de rue, alors je sais tout ce que ca prend pour convertir, ca vaut probablement pas la peine.. et a 420whp tu dois etre dans une classe trop élevée...

Back