WTB E46 manual bellhousing, 5 or 6 speed

drift.mechanic

Ideally speaking, I need a E46 M3/330I manual bellhousing with no cracks.

The SMG bellhousing can be used, but not my first choice. The swap from SMG to manual with swapping the bellhousing is very common, so they are easier to find. Must be crack free.

While comparing the 6 speed housing to the 5 speed, the bolt pattern is incredibly close to being the same. If you have a 5 speed Getrag bell housing, let me know. I'm curious to see how close they are, even if a bit of machining is necessary. There is a trans for sale on the forum, but mysteriously the price skyrocketed.

Let me know what you have, and where you're from. Cash in hand, want to get this squared away relatively soon. Please have pictures on hand.

Cheers

Call or text: 514-691-1389
Email: drift.mechanic@yahoo.ca
PM

Hey I have an M3 manual bellhousing on hand as well as a 330 6 speed one.

Both are in good condition but they aren't the same at all.

I'll have pictures tonight

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

Hey I have an M3 manual bellhousing on hand as well as a 330 6 speed one.

Both are in good condition but they aren't the same at all.

I'll have pictures tonight

If you can, send them to my phone please.
The 330 and the M3 should be identical, if they're different, might be one is a Getrag (M3) and the 330 is a ZF. Rumour has it that the ZF 6 speed (2 piece casing) is the same as the 320D/330D, but still unconfirmed. The Getrag 420G is a 3 piece casing.

I confirm this to you it's no rumour that they are different... M3 is getrag 330 is zf, 3 pcs vs 2 pcs and the internals are nothing close. They are not even close to being indentical.

I'll send pictures but let me know which you prefer.

I'm in Terrebonne btw

I need the M3 Getrag 420G bellhousing and NOT the 330 ZF 6 speed.

The ZF and Getrag units are nowhere near the same. As we said, Getrag 3 piece, ZF 2 piece. The Getrag is also much stronger, rated for near 400tq, but known to handle more.

We'll hook up next week and get the exchange done.

Thanks again for the message and the pics, much appreciated.

Back