I love the SAAQ ..Moi J'aime la SAAQ

What are you saying, there IS a tax for bigger engines. Here's the sum of my plate when I had the Viper:

300$ plate
162$ big engine tax
75$ transport tax (Montreal residents)

For a juicy total of 537$ to plate ONE car. And I have a second car so I was up for like 900$ for a year of driving in Montreal.

http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/vehicle_registration/cylindersize.php
I confirm, I have a 6.2L et je paie environ 600$ de plaque par année.

C'est 1994 and down qui sont pas affecté, 1995 l'est, j'avais une mustang 5.0L 1995 et je payais la surtaxe.

You guys would hate to live in Ontario... Sure, the gas is a tiny bit cheaper, but insurance rapes you. Ok, my annual plate cost is $85. But again, insurance.
I've never had an accident, nor a ticket, and insurance on my 20 year old Civic Wagon is $100/month.

As far as etest go... The shop needs to sign a contract and pay thousands upon thousands of dollars to have the machines, and it's $30 I believe every two years. The government makes money. The shop suffers unless you need to do repairs. In theory emissions tests are great. In practice.... Not so much. I could get into more detail, but not the time nor place

Sometings wrong man, call other insurance compagny ... I live in Ottawa and I pay 918/year for and 2014 Honda Fit, 738/year for my GF VW Rabbit and 743/year for my Triumph Street tripple with a non so clean historic ...

What are you saying, there IS a tax for bigger engines. Here's the sum of my plate when I had the Viper:

300$ plate
162$ big engine tax
75$ transport tax (Montreal residents)

For a juicy total of 537$ to plate ONE car. And I have a second car so I was up for like 900$ for a year of driving in Montreal.

http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/vehicle_registration/cylindersize.php

en faite je disais ça dans le sens que je voudrais qui n'aie plus de taxes pour les moteurs supérieur a 4.0L, je sais qui en a jai un 4.2 donc je dois payer un peu aussi lol

With all this hellaflush talk, etc... What does the SAAQ do right?

-No front plates
-No emissions testing
-No fault insurance

What else?

This is the thing coming in the next few year, along with mandatory mechanical inspection for vehicule older than 8 years...

Didn't you forget the liberal years?

Vous aimez peut-être le "no fault", mais c'est aussi grâce au no fault que vous ne pouvez pas poursuivre le gars que sa fait 14 fois qui pête la baloune pis qui en tue un.

lol @ people crying for 600$ plates for ONE car.
I pay 1100$ for ONE bike that I cannot use year around!!!
I wanted to get another commuter bike, but plates are 550$ (if over 400cc)

SAQ suck
SAAQ suck too.

lol @ people crying for 600$ plates for ONE car.
I pay 1100$ for ONE bike that I cannot use year around!!!
I wanted to get another commuter bike, but plates are 550$ (if over 400cc)

SAQ suck
SAAQ suck too.
The 600$ plate is for summer only aswell, I pay the beater too. Don't compare bikes to cars.

Sometings wrong man, call other insurance compagny ... I live in Ottawa and I pay 918/year for and 2014 Honda Fit, 738/year for my GF VW Rabbit and 743/year for my Triumph Street tripple with a non so clean historic ...

Imagine. Now I have a brand new shiny red BRZ and my insurance is $158/month with Bel Air. Damn assholes not insuring cars over 20 years old... I also live in an extremely rural area, so it's cheaper anyways. I had the cheapest rate for my Civic. I'm also 23, so I'm young, however like I said, no claims or tickets and I've been driving since I was 16.

While I do not necessarily support localherostanced cars, I think this issue should have been on the bottom of their priority list for the following reasons:

1. People with such modifications tend to care more about their recognition in the social media networks rather than driving AND drive slower than elderly women drive a Buick Regal. I have yet to hear about a case where an accident involving death has occurred due to exaggerated suspension/wheel modifications.
2. Our roads are falling apart, our highways merges are falling apart, our traffic system and road signs/markers/splitters/paint are shit.
3. People just can't drive. Every time I come into this province, and have driven a car abroad I realize how dangereous some drivers are to themselves and the people around them. I am not talking about turn signals alone but general highway etiquette and awareness. People are clueless, can't see shit and do not understand what sharing the road with others is.

If the emphasis was put on strong driving experience and knowledge, our roads would be a safe and pleasant experience, but hey, we all realize they're in it for the money so easy cash crab schemes such as this one is put in place.

Again I am not a supporter of hellacamber/oversized wheels/condom stretch tires, but the people that are all for this SAAQ movement fail to see beyond their noses: this is a slippery slope which, like any other scenario leads to exaggeration and soon a shiny muffler tip that isn't OEM will bring you to an inspection garage...

I don't pay the 75$ extra because Saint-Sauveur oh yeah...

One thing I think the SAAQ should revise is there fucking offices... The hours and stuff...

I've gotten out of trouble quite a few times because of the people that work there though!

Those who think they're "not paying" the $75 because they don't live in MTL shouldn't disassociate because you're still paying $30 and probably have no local transit to show for it.

Those who think they're "not paying" the $75 because they don't live in MTL shouldn't disassociate because you're still paying $30 and probably have no local transit to show for it.

Lol yeah we have public transit in the laurentians, up to Mt-Laurier to be exact. Anything else is doable by foot where I live...

And well it is 45$ I don't have to pay, and still pass more than half my time in the city so fuck the system :D

I woulnt mind EMISSION TEST. Im tired of seeing douche bags in old TDi's, maintained poorly. When they accelerate, you see a HUGE cloud of black smoke. How can that shit be still on the road.

This is the thing coming in the next few year, along with mandatory mechanical inspection for vehicule older than 8 years...

Didn't you forget the liberal years?

Vous aimez peut-être le "no fault", mais c'est aussi grâce au no fault que vous ne pouvez pas poursuivre le gars que sa fait 14 fois qui pête la baloune pis qui en tue un.

I've been hearing about emission testing and inspections for 10 years... I am not worried about it as it will cost shit tons of money to implement, they will also have to let independent shops in on the action. Ontario is heavily considering dropping the drive clean program as it cost's too much money for nothing. They have already lowered the drive clean fee.

Back