News: Cops investigating sprint-car incident reportedly involving Nascar Champ Tony Stewart

miscer

Banned
The Ontario County (N.Y.) Sheriff's Department confirmed to FOXSports.com late Saturday night that it is investigating an incident that occured during a dirt-track race at Canandaigua Motorsports Park, reportedly involving three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Tony Stewart and another driver.

According to multiple unconfirmed reports, Stewart was involved in an on-track incident with driver Kevin Ward Jr., with Stewart's car allegedly striking Ward after he got out of his car to confront Stewart about earlier contact between the two.

Tyler Graves, a sprint-car racer and friend of Ward's, told Sporting News in a phone interview that he was sitting in the Turn 1 grandstands and saw everything.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...hree-time-nascar-champion-tony-stewart-081014

More sources:

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/10/tony-stewart-ran-over-driver-with-car-during-fight-reports

10600671_945079412173841_2884534726245700433_n.jpg

Old news, happened like 3 hours ago.

From what i've compiled from multiple tweeter accounts of people who where there, ward walked towards the path of stewarts car in an agitated fashion, stewart seemed to want to scare him off or throw some dirt his way and floored it, kicked the tail out and it hooked ward into the wheel, where he was spat out a second or two later. Most accounts say he's dead. This is pretty much the end of his racing career, as sponsors will instantly pull out, ontop of everything else law related that could happen to him.

I say it'll become involuntary manslaughter.

SMOKING HOT OFF THE PRESS, watch it before it gets taken down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvaHUN6JFPc#t=16

It looks like stewart accelerated to get out of the ward path of anger and just clipped him. He is for sure dead.

Also, you can tell he was going to understeer into him as he ran into the racing line, even though they are going somewhat slow, sprint cars are made to turn under throttle not off of it, so he floored it to try and not understeer into him.

I saved the video, if it gets taken down ill send it or reupload =)

PS: the guy basically threw himself in front of race cars because he was mad

What an idiot. The guy runs out onto a fucking race track with cars racing by. More so the guy jumped further into Stewart's path as he came by. It'll be sad if he gets prosecuted for it.

Déjà qu'il a failli se faire frapper par le véhicule qui précédait Steward, il continue à avancer pareil au centre de la piste pour croiser le chemin de Steward. Il s'est fait finalement frappé, too bad c'est de sa propre faute.

Its sad but rule #1..Stay in your car after a wreck.. Not to mention he was in all black and sprint cars have bad side visibility..

Its sad but rule #1..Stay in your car after a wreck.. Not to mention he was in all black and sprint cars have bad side visibility..

lol. no. in car racing you get off the track after a crash. drivers are actually tested to make sure they can get up on out in under a set amount of time.

pour metre deja assis dans un sprint car, tu voit rien ou presque en partant et c'est quand meme dur a basse vitesse d'aller ou tu veut quand kk un se crisse en avant de toi dans la ligne ou tu etais deja, habituellement tu sort pas de ton char tant que les équipes de securité sont pas la.J'ai vu sur d'autre forums de dirt du monde dire d'envoyer directement Stewart en Prison, laissons l'enquete faire son travail.

Tony Stewart will not be racing at The Glen today.
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...ce-watkins-glen-regan-smith-cheez-it-355.html

I've been a fan since the mid 90s when he was racing IndyCar. Anger has always been an issue with Tony and it finally got the best of him last night. Yea he might have been trying to spray Ward with dirt but I don't see him intentionally running someone over giving up everything he's worked for. Was there a lack of judgement call? Yes. If you look at the original incident Tony ran Ward up high. There was NO contact between the cars. NASCAR has glorified drivers getting out of the car and fighting each other. If I anything Ward was just a product of said glorification. You also don't walk on a poorly lit track, in a black firesuit inches from where cars are still driving.

Tony's driving career is over as far as I'm concerned. Shocked Eccletone hasn't called him up offering a job..

Attend la fin de la course pis va regler tes problemes dans les pit christie de cave...

Ces pas la premiere fois qui a des conflit dans le sport automobile, pis tout le monde on ete assez '' intelligent '' pour attendre d'etre dans les pit pour se tapper sa gueule.

Il voulait assurément pas le tuer...

Un auto dememe ca tourne pas vraiment quand tu gaz pas, donc 2 hypothèses , coup de gaz pour lui faire peur qui tourne mal, ou coup de gaz pour l'éviter.

Reste que dirt track, soir, poussière, gars habiller en noir qui cours vers un auto au milieu d'une piste de course c'est une belle combinaison pour un accident !

lol. no. in car racing you get off the track after a crash. drivers are actually tested to make sure they can get up on out in under a set amount of time.

You are supposed to stay in the car under all but one circumstance when you get into a crash on a racetrack. Wait for the response team to arrive to you before getting unbuckle and out. Unless, and this is the only exception, your car is on fire, then you get the fu*k out.

Not considering that...You are looking at the corner you are driving into which mean the total opposite way of the wall/dude walking on the track, if you are focused, from the time you see that guy, you are already on him.

Back