Need ideas for vacation

patrickd_21

Hi guys,

So this year budget is slightly limited because I would like to buy a new house next February. I've been looking, but I need some ideas about places people have been. I have a couple of criteria:

- I don't do vacations to the caribean...I've been there, done that, and have no interest in seeing beaches and palm trees.
- I'm bringing my wife, so I don't want to end up in the slums of Nairobo Kenya lol
- Budget is $2000 per person. This needs to include airfare, food and hotels. In other words $4000 for my wife and I all included
- I can go for a max of 9 days
- I'm not looking for a "relaxing" vacation necessarly...I'm looking to explore, see things, places, different cultures, etc. Liek I said, sitting on a beach all day doesnt interest me.
- I'll be traveling in October-November...very flexible on dates

That pretty much sums it up. Looking for ideas! Thanks everyone!

hi guys,

so this year budget is slightly limited because i would like to buy a new house next february. I've been looking, but i need some ideas about places people have been. I have a couple of criteria:

- i don't do vacations to the caribean...i've been there, done that, and have no interest in seeing beaches and palm trees.
- i'm bringing my wife, so i don't want to end up in the slums of nairobo kenya lol
- budget is $2000 per person. This needs to include airfare, food and hotels. In other words $4000 for my wife and i all included
- i can go for a max of 9 days
- i'm not looking for a "relaxing" vacation necessarly...i'm looking to explore, see things, places, different cultures, etc. Liek i said, sitting on a beach all day doesnt interest me.
- i'll be traveling in october-november...very flexible on dates

that pretty much sums it up. Looking for ideas! Thanks everyone!

Mes vacances cette année se sont résumées à deux fins de semaine de camping en famille.

Total: $170

ROFL

Edit: L'an dernier, je suis allé à Disney World et ca coûté $10,000! :eek:

california would be great IMO.

I'm not very good budget wise (as i never go on vacations), but Peru and the machu picchu would be a place I would deff be looking for!

Mexico? So you can visit the Maya temple or the cenotes!

L'an passé j'suis allé a riviera maya pour notre voyage de noce, c'était vraiment cool. On pas ou presque pas relaxer. On a visiter beaucoup!

X2 mexique va voir les ruines maya. Ce baigner dans les cenotes ces génial. Coco bongo un must.

Californie? Napa Valley?

Lake Louise? Banff?

Yellowstone Park?

Personally, if you're flying to any of these destinations, you'll have a hard time meeting your budget.

California would be my suggestion. Take a flight into San Francisco, OR into Los Angeles, and take the return flight from either the same, or the other city. YOu'll be able to find some ok hotel rooms for $150 a night, and that'll saveyou some money for both of you. Rent a vehicle, and explore the two cities, then take Hwy 1, and drive the coast.

With 2k per person budget, you're either doing an all inclusive:)uke:) or going somewhere on the east coast by car (yes).

Si tu pogne un deal pour un vol en thailande . genre a 1500-1600$ . tu peut très bien tamusé avec 800$ pour 9 jour en thailande toute est dirt cheap .

I'm going on a cruise again, Bermuda then The Bahamas. 10 days around 2KPP, already know the places I want to see while there (counting an extra 200 for getting around the islands with boats and buses). I also hate sitting on the beach vacations so we are going to be on the move most of the time.

Costa Rica.

I went to Costa Rica last year. It isn't any cheaper than going to the US or even France or Spain.

And those countries have running water all the time, unlike Costa Rica were we had to make due with no water at our hotel for three days.

Ok I should've specified. Here are the places ive been:

-Mexico (bunch of different destinations, not that interested in goign back)
-costa rica
-antigua
-cuba
-dominican
-kenya
-morocco
-cali (napp valley, san fran, etc)
-Vegas
-bahamas
-saint thomas

Im not interested in staying in quebec....banff might be a good idea...also as some people mentioned, thailand and veitnam interest me a lot but I dont know if I can do it on my limited budget....

Ok I should've specified. Here are the places ive been:

-Mexico (bunch of different destinations, not that interested in goign back)
-costa rica
-antigua
-cuba
-dominican
-kenya
-morocco
-cali (napp valley, san fran, etc)
-Vegas
-bahamas
-saint thomas

Im not interested in staying in quebec....banff might be a good idea...also as some people mentioned, thailand and veitnam interest me a lot but I dont know if I can do it on my limited budget....

Pas mal sure que tu as aucun problème pour thailande. Le seul fuck c'est les vol. Faut voir dans ce temps si de l'année sont a combien. Sa je sais pas. Mais défois sont pas trop cher et rendu la bas sérieusement c'est nimporte quoi comment toute coute rien

Pas mal sure que tu as aucun problème pour thailande. Le seul fuck c'est les vol. Faut voir dans ce temps si de l'année sont a combien. Sa je sais pas. Mais défois sont pas trop cher et rendu la bas sérieusement c'est nimporte quoi comment toute coute rien

Une collègue viens de partir pour la France, 1300$ le billet. J'imagine que pour la thailande sa doit tourner pas mal autour de ça!

+1 for Thailand but you will lose like 1-1/2 days just for travelling!!! :(

J'irais à Banff moi avec les feuilles qui changent de couleur ça doit être super romantique lol!
Il doit avoir des all included dans le resort du Lake Louise en bas de 2000$, non?

Mais je ne sais pas qu'est-ce qu'il y a d'intéressant à faire là-bas à part le plein air...:dunno:

Back