Alarm/security system fees?

Loki

Legacy Member
Hey guys,

So I'm looking at putting an alarm at my place. Got a quote from ADT, but it's kinda more than I feel it should cost. When my parents did theirs years ago, the equipment was free and the monthly was about $25. Now ADT is quoting me $260 for the install (including some options, not the base package), plus 45/mo taxes in. The install I don't super care, but the monthly is a bit more than I want.

What are you guys paying for this kind of thing and with which company?

Thanks,

Alarm Doven. The hook up for the first year is around $150 and $99/year afterwards to be connected to the central. The owner is a MR member too.

I've got a sattelite link system with ADT w/ my new house paying 37$ w/ taxes ... retention offer tho was at 45$ before. I'm still looking for a company for at least monitoring if I can save an extra $$$ would love to move.

alarm doven website states 399$ for install.

I was referring to the initial hookup. You can get the alarm itself anywhere and then have Doven do the monitoring or getting everything with them so if ever an issue arises no blame game could be played.

I was referring to the initial hookup. You can get the alarm itself anywhere and then have Doven do the monitoring or getting everything with them so if ever an issue arises no blame game could be played.

so you buy your own alarm system and call them to install it?

so you buy your own alarm system and call them to install it?

You have an alarm installed by whomever you want and can get the contract for monitoring with Doven afterwards. Some cies will charge you cheaper for the alarm and get you back on a 2-3 year monitoring contract for a big amount. My alarm came with the house when I bought it 2 years ago so I called Doven they came and tested it out and gave me 1 year monitoring for $149+tx. after that it cost $99/year for monitoring.

j'ai travaillé 10 mois dans une centrale de compagnie d'alarme ( pire job ever ), et c'est sa sert a rien de se connecté à une centrale. La majorité c'est des fausses alarmes à cause des dysfonctions du système, la majorité des policiers ne prennent pas les appels au sérieux,si tu n'es pas rejoignable, les contacts de ta liste vont t'hair pour ce faire réveiller dans la nuits pour la 3ieme fois a cause d'un problème, tu va avoir des facture de la police si tes contacts ne repondent pas avant pour annuler leurs appel, etc etc...

Bref si tu prend le monitoring quand même, abuse à fond de la rétention !!! éxige des visites gratuite d'un technicien si tu en as de besoin ( tu va l'avoir ), des baisses de prix, des mois gratuit (il sont beaucoup plus alaise à donner des mois gratuit que des baisses de prix)

If I cancel ADT service, will I keep my equipment or they come pick it up?

if you move, the equipment stays with the house since its worthless to them (even though they claim its worth 1500$ lol) plus it advertises to the new home owners

if you cancel, they will leave it there also (in case you ever change your mind)

Back