Help me compile a list of 10 scenic drives around Montreal

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
I'm writing an article about ten scenic drives, roads in and around Montreal. What would you chose?

As for on the island I'd put the lookout at Mount Royal as one. I can't think of anything else that would qualify as scenic.

Off the island I like:

-The drive to Mont Rigaud via chemain St-Georges/201

I'd love some help on if you have a scenic drive in your area.

327 from lachute to Arundel . I think its the 321 st donat to mont tremblant.

St Charles vaudreuil along the water into Hudson to the 201. 201 to st Georges , st Georges to montee st Henri

Tour of ile bizard with turning left at cherier because turning left is suicide. All new pavement as well.

Gouin but the parts that are along water.

The mont royal drive was great but then they cut it down to 2 lanes and most people drive so slow that you can actually count the cracks in the pavement

Upper belvedere/ summit in westmount is nice as well . great look out as well

Lol mtlblog top 10 list

I love the 327-N from Lachute to Mont-Tremblant.

Pretty tights corners near Lachute and you get some nice views when aproaching Mont-Tremblant with some brand new asphalt on some sections.

eeee_zps6edce500.jpg

EDIT: oh well...

I like boulevard Lakeshore on the morning Sunset

I like boulevard Beconsfield too and Rue LakeShore

I like chemin de la cote ste-Catherine in Outremont

not really scenic drive but oh well

Around Montréal not much. The road along the Richelieu from the south shore to Sorel is quite nice. Otherwise south shore is flat and voting mostly...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

le chemin qu'on a fait pour se rendre a Lachute en passant par le village de Oka au Pout N Ride c'etait tres beau
et pas loin du cote USA le chemin qui traverses les iles du lac Champlain quand tu prends le pont a Rouses Point pour aller au Vermont via les iles au lieu de l'autoroute

Je ne sais pas c'est quelle route exactement, mais juste avant d'arriver à Mirabel l'autre soir j'ai pris une route qui allait à droite et ça passe dans la forêt, ça monte, ça descend, à gauche à droite...
J'aimerais ça la retrouver cette route là mais justement j'ai pas reamrqué c'était laquelle :(

Many good roads in the St-Armand/Bedford/Frelighsburg area.

Rue Quinn/Chemin St-Armand from Philipsburg to Frelighsburg is very nice. Not a super driving road, but the scenery is great and it's still nice and twisty with not much traffic. Careful for bikes, though...

And I got to say, in an urban setting, I have a thing for the 132 between Jacques-Cartier Bridge and Laprairie. With the city as a backdrop and three lanes wide, it reminds me of old school drving games like "Outrun" for some reason. And the pavement is not as decrepit as the rest of the place, so...

Perso j'aime bien la ride de mont-laurier à st-anne-du lac en plus le chemin est en rénovation :) ils refont une bonne partis de la route j'ai hâte d'y retouner

323 from Montebello to st-jovite

Elle est vraiment rendu plate depuis qu'elle a été complètement refaite il y a qq années... :( Par contre, à partir de la 323 près du lac des plages en allant vers Vendée, c'est pas pire. Pas le Tail of the Dragon, mais bon...

364 entre Morin Heights et Huberdeau, en passant par le Lac des seize iles.

BTW, qqn a fait la Hanna road à Maui?

Back