Article: Formula E - a fully-electric racing series.

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
What do you think of this?

Formula E is a new FIA single-seater championship and the world's first fully-electric racing series.
Commencing in September 2014 through to June 2015, the championship will compete in the heart of 10 of the world's leading cities - including London, Beijing and Miami - racing around their iconic landmarks. For the inaugural season, 10 teams, each with two drivers, will go head-to-head creating a unique and exciting racing series designed to appeal to a new generation of motorsport fans.
It represents a vision for the future of the motor industry over the coming decades, serving as a framework for R&D around the electric vehicle, accelerating general interest in these cars and promoting sustainability.

http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/video/formula-e-drive-the-future.aspx

Début d'une nouvelle ere! Vraiment hâte de voir les specs, performance et endurance!

And le before meilleur que la F1 dans 5 ans.

It's the future, no two ways about it.

Instead of upgrading exhaust and cams and CAI, we'll change capacitors, busbars and motor windings...

But there will still be racing, and that is what is important!

This car is soooo boring to play in FM5.

All you hear is that gay electric whining sound...

Est-ce qu'ils prevoient encore changer de voiture en milieu de course parce que les batteries durent pas assez longtemps?

Je n'ai jamais compris pourquoi les autos de courses ne sont pas toucher par les même lois anti pollution que les autos de route,après tout elles roulent dans le même atmosphère!!! Avec sa au moin il y a du progrès!

la premier course est a rds se w-e, je vais ecouter sa et apres je vais avoir une meilleur idée.

no engine noise, no like.

j'ai entendu que les commanditaires principaux sont la ville de Repentigny, Terrebonne, Blainville, Mascouche, Longueuil et Laval
que le président de la série c'est Ferandez comme ça la série viendra jamais ici
son con-seiller principal est DeKonard et il va mettre la limite à 50km/h par beau temps avec des photos-radars chaque 100 pieds
et que leur slogan, c'est: ''silence on tourne!''
le gagnant de la série est celui qui perdra le moins de points de démérite sur un total de 6 par course et si tu perds les 6 t'es banni des circuits à vie avec une amende pouvant aller jusqu'au retrait de tes enfants.

Last edited:
Est-ce qu'ils prevoient encore changer de voiture en milieu de course parce que les batteries durent pas assez longtemps?

Ca serais pas pire d'implimenter des set-up portatif de Tesla avec les swap de batterie qui se font en moin de 2 minutes.

Tout a fait.

And with any luck generating youtube videos of car changes made to music like this:

@ 39s

Also this was just uploaded:

Yawn!
For all of you Green Yuppies out there, know that it takes many many gallons of fuel (from Trucks, Trains and Planes) to get this race going in those 10 cities.
GexGex, les voitures n'ont pas de restrictions sur la pollution, car elles ne sont pas des voitures homologuées/légales pour usage routier alors, pas de restriction sur les lumières, mirroirs et normes anti-pollution. I have heard that cars only count for 10% of global pollution (Co2 and NOx). Thought I did not find THAT number, this is an interesting read. (See text lower)

Part of me loves racing, regardless of the division/format as long as the drivers do most of the work (some will debate that the current state of F1 is not "pure driving" like Aayrton Senna stated, but that is up to debate. I do know that recent technologies sure make it more "Fun" to watch.
I will not say more until I watch the first race on Saturday.
Cheers.

Link:http://auto.howstuffworks.com/air-pollution-from-cars.htm

Scientists use sophisticated instruments to measure concentrations of harmful substances in the air, but it’s tough to say exactly what percentage of air pollution comes from cars. This makes sense, because many other human activities contribute to air pollution as well. In fact, the production of electricity by coal-fired power plants and other sources can cause more pollution than most cars. If that wasn't enough, we pollute the air when we heat our homes and public buildings with fuels other than electricity -- just as we do when we drive our cars. Even people who don’t drive add to pollution when they buy goods and services that involve fuel when they're made or delivered.

Although the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) declared cars "mobile sources" of pollution, they aren’t the only culprits. Big trucks, bulldozers and other, ships and boats, trains and even snowblowers pollute the air.

According to the EPA, motor vehicles collectively cause 75 percent of carbon monoxide pollution in the U.S. The Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) estimates that on-road vehicles cause one-third of the air pollution that produces smog in the U.S., and transportation causes 27 percent of greenhouse gas emissions. The U.S. has 30 percent of the world's automobiles, yet it contributes about half of the world's emissions from cars.

"Bleh, that horseless carriage... That'll never catch on!"

"Pfff, if man was meant to fly, we would have wings!"

"That internet thingy, it's just a fad..."

"Electric cars? Never gonna happen..."

"Bleh, that horseless carriage... That'll never catch on!"

"Pfff, if man was meant to fly, we would have wings!"

"That internet thingy, it's just a fad..."

"Electric cars? Never gonna happen..."

All but the last one, you are right.
Oil companies are still hanging on tight to the few quzillion liters of petrolium that is left on this planet. After that, THEN we will see...Electric cars are unavoidable and necessary. Question is, when will there be a mass produced, affordable, reliable and range acceptable car (I mean I can do here New York in less than 4 days...If I cannot, minus well get a Horse...Or keep driving my gasoline car ;) ).

Yawn!
For all of you Green Yuppies out there...[/i]

Yeah yeah we know...

2 neat things im looking forward to:

1. Everyones driving the same machine. As level a playing field as youll get in motor racing

2. Car swap pit stops. That is such a bonkers idea to me (though its not like the teams have much of a choice)
I'm looking forward to the lulzy mishaps.

Watched an onboard video today though... Dont expect much out of the motor noise the cars sound pretty annoying.

Apparently the race will have a soundtack though. "Epic" music for the final laps and pit stops.

The cheese factor is there. No doubt it will be cheesy.

All but the last one, you are right.
Oil companies are still hanging on tight to the few quzillion liters of petrolium that is left on this planet. After that, THEN we will see...Electric cars are unavoidable and necessary. Question is, when will there be a mass produced, affordable, reliable and range acceptable car (I mean I can do here New York in less than 4 days...If I cannot, minus well get a Horse...Or keep driving my gasoline car ;) ).

:)

Of course, it is not going to happen next months. Electric cars have been around for more than 100 years, but there is genuine interest now, so development will move things along.

Besides, oil companies will be happy as long as there are airplanes and big rigs to fuel - these are the heavy duty users, and there is not electric alternative in the short term.

Je regarde ça présentement et je suis content qu'ils aient mis ça à cette heure là, ça va m'aider à m'endirmir!

Les char sont des Mclaren/Renault/Williams...intéressant de ce point de vue et elles sont belles mais ça s'arrête là.

Sérieusement, ça sonne comme des voitures téléguidées,
Par bout on dirait que j'écoute la course sur mute
il y a de quoi qui cloche visuellement que je n'arrive pas tout à fait à cerner(accel uniforme du moteur électrique j'magine?).
On dirait que ça avance pas!
La sensation de vitesse est pas là du tout.
Arrêt aux puits pour que le pilote change de char après une demi-heure environ afin de finir la course pcque les batteries sont à terre!!! Is that a joke!?!pourquoi pas prendre un lunch tant qu'à y être.
Tout ça avec 320kg de batteries dans le char, en plus il faut gérer et limiter l'énergie utilisée pour pas avoir de pénalité donc une autre course à l'économie.
tu fais une course d'une heure qui est supposé être un sprint et tu gères ça comme une course d'endurance pour la consommation en plus de devoir changer de char pour finir la course...après le monde critique la F1, wrf!
Peu de pilotes top notch, des pilotes de f1 recyclés qui n'ont pas fait la cut et des kamikazes.
Belle fin de course avec un move d'imbécile du meneur qui crisse l'autre dans le décor comme dans un film d'Hollywood..même en Nascar sont pas aussi retardés!
c'est un miracle qu'il y ait pas eu de morts...
je continue?

Bref un FAIL!

Tant qu'à avoir une série de même...que la F1 retrouve sa pleine nature.

Bring back the v10's,the NOOooiiiIIISE! Screw fuel economy, stop trying to please quakers and bring back racing!

Last edited:
Back