Best place for WOT logs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBalik

So a bit of background. I've got a 13' speed3. Running a stage 2 OTS map from Cobb.

The thing is I need to calibrate my MAF which means i need to do a few 3rd or 4th gear (preferred) WOT logs.

Dyno tunning is way too damn expensive (300+$) and what needs calibrating is basic enough where a monkey can do it.

Yes most of you will say go to a race track.... but a log needs to be on a flat, straight and even road and the other log would end up being far too slow for a racetrack which would be dangerous.

Any places you guys recommend where i can safely do some 4th gear pulls (to redline) that are cop free and close to nobody driving on the road (don't want to put them nor myself in any more risk than necessary)

I appreciate the help!

Beastorm sur club mazda Québec peut probablement t'aider

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

La piste à Sanair, c'est 100$/jour/auto.

Faire ça dans rue c'est pas trop une bonne idée selon moi ;)

I tuned my Neon mostly on the highway. As you pointed it out you need a good stretch to be able to log in 3rd and 4th from the lowest RPM possible to redline.

My spots were :
1) on highway 13, from Samson to the 440 around 10-11pm. I would do one pull going north, take the 440 exit and go back down the 13 again. Since you just passed few minutes ago you know it is clear. You do a first pull in 3rd. It allows you to see if there no cops doing radar or something and in 3rd you should not go very higher than 120kph.

2) on the new 25 service road. there is NOBODY. You have a wall on one side and a highway on the otherside. I would not stick around for more than 2 loop because there are neighbors on the other side of the concrete wall that might call the cops if you make too much noise (lol external wga).

Pro tip: 1) Get your fuel trim in line before even think doing wot tuning.
2) get you afr closest to possible to targeted afr before thinking going on the dyno.

3) once the afr are in check at wot, now start playing with timing

Have fun !

sent from a phone.

HWY 30, either west of the 15 or east of the 20 (currently construction work)

HWY 440 east to west late, you run one way, turn around and come back.

guys, when you do WOT logs, you need to stop after every 2-3 pulls to check out the data and do adjustments if you do your own programming. Long highways are not the best. If you do changes in the tune, do a pull and need to readjust, you don't want to have to drive 10 minutes. Same if if you mechanical issues or whatever, you want to be able to exit quickly and have a spot with lights (like a gas station).

Napierville dragway, line up do your pull then tune in the parking lot. Its 8 or 10$ to run on week nights, 7 to 1030pm.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Napierville dragway, line up do your pull then tune in the parking lot. Its 8 or 10$ to run on week nights, 7 to 1030pm.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
You can't so 3 back to back pulls. On top of the fact you'll be heat soaking every time waiting for your turn. Too many variables that are inconsistent that way

i have done my fair share of tuning on the street and thrust me, 300$ for dyno session is a good investment. you will be able to see things you normaly dont see like leak and pushing water thru head gasket, you will have dyno wideband as a backup to compare yours...these thing can save your engine and even your ass

My spots were :

2) on the new 25 service road. there is NOBODY. You have a wall on one side and a highway on the otherside.

Je déconseille ce spot à OP, je passe là assez souvent à diverses heures et il y a souvent du radar par la SQ à l'entrée ou à la sortie de ton spot, dans les deux directions. Avec les denivelés, tu n'es souvent pas en mesure de voir le scanner avant qu'il te voir.

HWY 440 east to west late, you run one way, turn around and come back.

Ça aussi c'est pas la meilleure des idées: primo, c'est en construction ces temps-ci alors dur de savoir si tu vas pas tomber sur des cônes d'une run à l'autre, et puis il y a souvent de la police qui scan à partir du talus séparant l'ouest et l'est.

Avenue Roger-Lortie a Laval

Quand j'ai fais faire ma tune j'ai fais tout mes log a cette endroit la et si tu veux après chaque pull tu peux embarquer sur l'autoroute et revenir.

Sur mon speed3 j'avais le TMIC stock et pour lui donner une chance je fesais un pull et j'embarquais sur l'autoroute.

Faut être cheap en maudit pour ne pas vouloir mettre 300$ sur un dyno et au lieux.... risquer de se faire pogner en GEV sur l'autoroute, faire suspendre son permis 1 semaine, faire remiser son véhicule, ticket de minimum 923$ à 160km/h + 10 points minimum.

Tu vas le regretter en maudit de pas avoir payé 300$ sur un dyno!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back