La carte de crédit vous utilisez

I constantly receive the promo it's been 3 years I simply call them 5 says before each 12.months promo ends and they extend my debt over another 12 months @.99%...however with TD I don't know how it's gonna change

Ok well that's different, that's not a credit card offering a constant 0.99% it's a 1yr promotion.

ugh, i'm horrible at math, even basic math sometimes, or these credit card things just give me brain death. I'd really appreciate if someone can figure this out for me...

I travel a lot. And I mean a lot. So I was looking at the TD travel cards..

I currently have the Visa 1% cashback. I usually get about 500-600 back every January. Not too bad. but that's all i use it for.

Looking at the Aeroplan or TD points cards, it seems I'd get a way better deal going with those right? I don't mind paying an annual fee if it's worth it, I use my card for everything basically. If I can get back more than 500-600 + annual fee, it would be worth it

I'd like to stick to TD because that's my bank, i can just transfer funds right away to the card. But if there is a super awesome card from another issuer out there, i'd definitely take a look

Any advice?

ugh, i'm horrible at math, even basic math sometimes, or these credit card things just give me brain death. I'd really appreciate if someone can figure this out for me...

I travel a lot. And I mean a lot. So I was looking at the TD travel cards..

I currently have the Visa 1% cashback. I usually get about 500-600 back every January. Not too bad. but that's all i use it for.

Looking at the Aeroplan or TD points cards, it seems I'd get a way better deal going with those right? I don't mind paying an annual fee if it's worth it, I use my card for everything basically. If I can get back more than 500-600 + annual fee, it would be worth it

I'd like to stick to TD because that's my bank, i can just transfer funds right away to the card. But if there is a super awesome card from another issuer out there, i'd definitely take a look

Any advice?

You rent alot of cars on travel ?
Lots of gas ? (seems like you're on the road)
Groceries when back home ?
Restaurants?

If you can give us figures on how much you spend/where (roughly per year) , Gas/Hotel/Flights/Rental/Groceries/Resto and other purchases. If you dont feel comfortable writing that info here, you can always PM me.

Do you keep a balance or pay it one shot ?
Is your priority cash back or Aeroplan/SPG (Hotels)/Gift certifcates/Membership rewards ?

I maximized my returns (and actually came up with an actual calculation on what my real return was in %) and did alot of research on which cards work best for me. Dont mind helping you out.

Last edited:
don't rent cars at all, i stick to public transit (except in the states, they suck at public transit in a lot of places, but i walk)
no gas. I work from home when Im in montreal
Decent expense on groceries, restaurants too, quite often. The life of a single guy :)

always pay it off. Scared of debt

edit : I'll send you a PM

Can you apply for a card if you are under it's "minimum income" criteria? I'd like the mastercard world elite but I don't make over 70k or 120k household income. But I do spend a lot on CC for my restaurant supplies, groceries and private caterings. Anyone?

Pourquoi tu veux la world élite au juste? Si je peux me permettre de te poser la question?

Pourquoi tu veux la world élite au juste? Si je peux me permettre de te poser la question?

Parce que je veux combiner toutes mes depenses de ma copine et moi sur la meme carte, pour TOUT. Je fais souvent des achats pour mon resto, je fais des achats pour des traiteurs privés, ainsi que tout le reste. La carte m'a l'air la plus avantageuse.

I have the RBC avion, very satisfied. Good points / rewards ratio on flights, no restrictions, etc.

Si tu avais été avec la BNC, j'aurais pu te fournir un hook up. Les critères d'éligibilité c'est toujours négociable.

Can you apply for a card if you are under it's "minimum income" criteria? I'd like the mastercard world elite but I don't make over 70k or 120k household income. But I do spend a lot on CC for my restaurant supplies, groceries and private caterings. Anyone?

If you dont hit the 70k minimum, you can lie and put on the application that you make 70 (Wouldnt do that unless you're at 65k+ so close enough)

You can also look at the ScotiaBank Visa cashback. 4% cashback on gas and groceries up to 25K a year and 1% on everything else.
99$ a year card fee

Also if you're putting business expenses on a personal card, I hope the amounts are not high.

Why? Well if eventually you walk into the bank and want a mortgage or a loan for X amount and they notice you slapping 10K a month on a credit card (even if you're paying it off), they will refuse your request.

So you should consider a small business card if the amounts you will put on the card are more than 1-2K a month (specially that you're already below 70K yearly income, more than 1-2k a month on a card fucks up your ratios on the personal side)

Separating Business and Personal is smth alot of business owners dont do and should consider strongly

Make mistake. Swear to myself, no more credit card for me until I clear all my debt.
So its prepaid for me!
d35f3d12a688ba3cdbfb75760bed1e24.jpg

If you dont hit the 70k minimum, you can lie and put on the application that you make 70 (Wouldnt do that unless you're at 65k+ so close enough)

You can also look at the ScotiaBank Visa cashback. 4% cashback on gas and groceries up to 25K a year and 1% on everything else.
99$ a year card fee

Also if you're putting business expenses on a personal card, I hope the amounts are not high.

Why? Well if eventually you walk into the bank and want a mortgage or a loan for X amount and they notice you slapping 10K a month on a credit card (even if you're paying it off), they will refuse your request.

So you should consider a small business card if the amounts you will put on the card are more than 1-2K a month (specially that you're already below 70K yearly income, more than 1-2k a month on a card fucks up your ratios on the personal side)

Separating Business and Personal is smth alot of business owners dont do and should consider strongly

Cool thank you for the info, I will check that out!

Je connais aucun banquier ou cfp qui a envoyé une preuve de revenu avec une demande de crédit. C'est pas quelque chose qui est vérifié. On va se baser sur la déclaration verbale mais comme Persianrider la mentionné, s'il n'y a pas de cohérence au bout d'un an, tu pourrais la perdre. À moins que la rbc à une trace de tes revenus mais entre toi et moi, le banquier s'en fou.

Si tu avais été avec la BNC, j'aurais pu te fournir un hook up. Les critères d'éligibilité c'est toujours négociable.

ah ouais? je viens d'avoir ma WORLD et je voulais la World ELITE.
a part les points ya pas grand difference right ?

Last edited:
Voilà. Si tu n'as pas les dépenses suffisantes pour la world élite, elle ne te donne rien de plus. Pour avoir 2x les points, tu dois dépenser 20,000 $ de plus. Si tu paies tout avec ta cc et tu déclares plus de 70k annuellement, c'est facilement atteignable.

Back