New car purchase (dealership location question)

BIGTUFFGUY

I'm looking to buy a new (to 2y/o) Jeep Rubicon unlimited.

Does dealer location play a role in pricing?
Ie.: a dealer in Montreal would cost more than one in St-Jerome or st-wtv

I understand there's a MSRP, however the dealership itself will pay much lower rents and probably has less volume sales. I would think they are more eager to sell and willing and able to negotiate more.

Thoughts?

(PS, if anyone has a hook up for Jeep, please pm me)

For a new car, location as well as supply/demand will have an impact on price.

For a used car, only supply/demand/value will have an impact.

It is in fact more likely that an off-island dealer will be more willing to negotiate, however, if they KNOW they have the only one left in stock in the province, they won't budge on price....unless it's been sitting on the lot for months on end because no one wants it.

when my friend bought her used honda (certified with warranty) the dealer she went to was consistently cheaper on everything they had.

The reason was the location, real shitty place, even the salesman told us, their only way to get people to come was to have lower prices

Ça doit être difficile trouver un Rubicon de 2 ans? Il me semble que quand tu achète ce modèle tu sait ce que tu fait et c'est pour longtemps.

I found a few used ones but price was too high and/or too much kms.

Jeep isn't for everyone and some people buy them not knowing what they are getting into. Hence the availability on the used market. Rubicons are a lot harder to find.

I want the lockers and 4.10 gears. I want to drive the truck off the lot and be ready for anything. A nicely equipped Rubi has the same comforts as the Sahara.

It's for 80%city 20%trails up north year round.

Back