2015 Golf 1.8T: best bang for the buck

Dubweiser

Test drove one a 6sp auto highline, it is a phenomenal little car.

- steering weight, feel and response is just about perfect
- suspension dampening and chassis rigidity is also spot on
- the 6AT is nearly DSG like, it very quick, the torque converter locks up nearly off idle so it has a direct feel, and it rev matches downshifts. Honestly, it feels almost as good as the mk5 gti dsg, but without the higher maintenance costs and quirkiness at parking lot speeds of the DSG
- the interior especially the piano black trim in the high line, makes the car feel very premium
- the engine is underrated, with a 0-60 of 7.1-7.2 for the manual, this car is putting down more than 170hp.

It starts at 18K, and that's fully loaded with ac, power everything, Bluetooth, 5.8" touch screen, heated seats, leather steering wheel with controls, its hard to buy more car for the money... My buddy just leased a 6AT trend line for 290$ a month tax in, 0$ down.

Such a nice place to be:
28-2015-vw-golf-fd.jpg

Il a du négocier car sur VW.ca, j'arrive avec un versement mensuel de 309$ avec les taxes pour une trendline sans le cruise control / volant multi-fonction.

Agreed, lease rates are insane on it right now, a great choice.

Buying wise, I'm guessing the interest rates are still high though but in 6-9 months they'll start going down.

It is the best bang for the buck. I almost pulled the trigger on it but decided to wait for a bit

60 months low km?

Because that's in the price range of a corolla/civic/mazda 3 and to me it's a much better choice.

Salesman told me it's tuned to run on regular gas at 170hp; feeding it premium 'auto' tunes to produce around 185hp.

My brother just got one on a 3yr/20,000kms/yr lease for 360$ all incl 0$ down. It's a really nice car. Even GTI's are available in the low 400's on lease.

48 months/20k per year

That would be the perfect lease. No maintenance to do, hand in the keys RIGHT before everything needs to be serviced.

My father takes over end of leases, pays peanuts and has a "new" car every year. Leases are the way to go imo. Well, ok not for everyone.

Damn guys this car is awsome I tried the highline manual and for this price u better pickup a gti its almost the same price. ...Im gonna buy one after winter !

From Lg G3 "the beast"

If you want a gti, make sure you get the performance package but there's a premium for this option.

il n'y a rien sur le marché qui a mon avis en location en offre autent raport qualité prix que la Golf , je suis par contre du meme avis que Mathiew que tant qu'a payer 450-470$ par mois pour une Golf Highline aussi bien payé 20$ de plus pour avoir une GTI Autobahn toute équipé , ¸

part contre la Trendline a moins de 300$/mois c'est le deal de l'année

Back