staggered wheels on x drive ???

RedOne_SI

Legacy Member
I have been getting mixed reviews as I research this. I want to get a staggered setup with spacers.

bmw does not recommend that, however I have noticed many people have gone through with it and allegedly have no issues.

I have a 535 xi.

I am at a crossroads right now with putting a plan together for mods. The more I look into things the more I see " not for xi"

Anyways , I may be looking at a trade in soon if I can't figure out a good game plan.

BMW pros ... HELP!

In theory, if the overall diameter of the wheel including tire is the same, the car won't see any difference.
The only thing i can see is mass affecting torque distribution upon slipping conditions, but then again it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm running staggered wheel with aggressive offset with no issues. Running 235 35r19 F and 265 30r19 R with Continental Extremecontact DW

Cool, found a good reviewed fit in the style I want .... 19 inch Work VS-XX now shopping for best price

Thanks

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-Size-Calculator

that's what I used, I run 4 oem E36 M3 wheels with spacers on my 335xi, 225/45/17 front and 255/45/17 rear, it make 0.24% and never had trouble...
I personally had problems to both of the back tires running the same size as yours with bms spacers on my 335xi. Uneven wear on one side and the other blew off just all around the limit of the sidewalls and the rubber in contact with the ground. My wheels were aligned professionally. So I don't know what to tell you.

Back