Direct Canada (Canadian Online Retailer)

250Rocket

I thought this deserved it's own thread.

Scoping out computer parts I came across DirectCanada as a potential online retailer. They would always come out as the cheapest by at least 5 bucks if not $10-30/item.

I looked them up, they seemed to have good reviews so I bought my case, 4790k, Corsair H110 and SSD with them and saved about $70 bucks to NCIX. They also don't charge provincial taxes. So I ordered Monday and the package arrived today.

My problem started when I thought Canada Post lost my case. It turns out however that DC had emailed me a confirmation that everything shipped but in actual fact the Case and CPU are on "Back-order" per the packing slip. Slightly annoyed by this I wrote a fairly tame 4/5 review on resellerratings.com voicing my problem with their inability to accurately detail shipping but that I'm happy with the prices and the speed of the stuff that did arrive.

To my amazement they actually called me to ask me how they could improve my order and satisfaction. I voiced my opinion and for the "trouble" they threw in a free copy of Boarderlands : The Pre-Sequel.

Turns out they drop-ship most orders so worst cases scenario you might have as many separate deliveries as you have items. The items that are on "back order" were really just not available to bundle at that time so they shipped out separately today instead. Knowing that now I don't see any problems given that it doesn't cost a cent and its essentially 1 day delivery from the time it ships.

TL;DR. DirectCanada advises that they shipped all items, I only get 2 of 4 today with a packing slip that lists the other 2 as back-order, I write a review about it, they call me to fix the issue, throwing in a free copy of a game.

To me the impressive part is they actually cared to improve a 4/5 review and reached out to me by calling to see what they could do.

Would buy from them again and would strongly recommend them if you don't mind multiple packages for extra savings and speed.

J'achète très souvent chez Direct Canada, ils ont toujours des prix de fou et shipping gratuit sur commande de 50$ et plus !

J'ai toujours été satisfait de leur service.

J'ai souvent commander sur MemoryExpress, ils battent les prix de n'importe qui avec une différence de 10%. Ils ship depuis Calgary, sa augmente la délais de livraison d'une journée ou deux, mais c'est pas un probleme pour moi.

Les plus rapide que j'ai eu c'est newegg. j'ai déja eu des commande qui ont été shippé en moins de 15 minute... juste malade

NCIX est super bon car ils ont beaucoup de stock, mais on dirais que de plus en plus de monde commande la et qu'il ont de la misere a shippé les commandes vite.

Le gros probleme avec NCIX c'est que souvent un item est en special a genre 150$ ... Pis tu va sur tigerdirect ou directcanada pis yer 10$ moin cher lol . Avant c'est ncix qui avais les mega deal .

Le gros probleme avec NCIX c'est que souvent un item est en special a genre 150$ ... Pis tu va sur tigerdirect ou directcanada pis yer 10$ moin cher lol . Avant c'est ncix qui avais les mega deal .
Le problème avec tigerdirect, ils te chargent la TVQ donc, ça revient plus cher

ncix tu price match thats it. Il te charge pas la TVQ non plus
T'inquiète, je fais déjà affaire avec Ncix depuis longtemps

La seule chose que je vais tenter est de commander sur memoryexpress car les prix semblent être bons (carte graphique + disques durs)

J'ai commander 3 ordis ( moi/blonde/parent ) et plusieurs pièces par après et toujours eu un service de fou.

Juste ma dernière commande, mon Corsair K70 RGB, commandé un mercredi a 21h00, reçu le vendredi a 8h00 :)

EN moyenne ça toujours été 2 a 5 jours de shipping, assez rapide

Moi aussi vient de commander a K70 RGB par direct canada :)

J'ai pris les Cherry MX Brown, as-tu pris les red?

D'une maniere Computers Canada, DIY PC,NXSource,BestDirect,DirectCanada,MemoryHouse, sont toutes des compagnies soeur de NCIX

Back