Parking ticket with demerit points?

omnimae

Hello everyone,

I'm new in town and today I just got my first ticket ever, I parked in zone only for residents parking, my bad I didn't notice the sign but what really worries me is that in the ticket in the field unit they put 15, that's the field for demerit points... 15 points for a 52 CAD ticket for parking? I'll lose my license? Everyone tell me that I shouldn't worry, that parking tickets don't give demerit points, but what that 15 means then?

Thank in advance for your commentaries.

Should I pay the ticket without worries? What happen if by error those points are added to my license?

Hello everyone,

I'm new in town and today I just got my first ticket ever, I parked in zone only for residents parking, my bad I didn't notice the sign but what really worries me is that in the ticket in the field unit they put 15, that's the field for demerit points... 15 points for a 52 CAD ticket for parking? I'll lose my license? Everyone tell me that I shouldn't worry, that parking tickets don't give demerit points, but what that 15 means then?

Thank in advance for your commentaries.

Unit is not demerit points....

Parking tickets are associated with the license plate of the vehicle. You have absolutely no reason to worry, you won't be getting any points on your license!

I'd still double check before paying the ticket though. Once you pay, the case is closed and whatever the ticket says is what happens. If there's a mistake, call them and they'll mail you an updated copy. Only then should you pay the fine.

Can you post a scan of the ticket, blanking out any identifying information of course? Maybe it's just a misunderstanding.

you have in the same section the name of the person who made the ticket, his/her badge number and the UNIT of the municipality they are working for

The SAAQ is the one adding the points on your licence. You could get a stop sign ticket with 905490909023 points written on it, it wouldn't matter. Only 3 points would be added on your licence.

Parking tickets = 0 point.

Like everyone said, there are no demerit points for that. Can you post a scann or a picture of the ticket you received, I'd like to see that. Is it a ticket from SPVM (Police de Montreal)?

You guys didn't read the news ????

Montreal will be giving 15 points for parking in wrong places.. Because it could endanger the ecology and the air quality in the city..

So those 15 points are real.. Go pay and SAAQ will send u a letter saying u have to bring in your drivers license for a period of 3 month as of the day they receive them.

Visit their site to see the new rules :

http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/

You guys didn't read the news ????

Montreal will be giving 15 points for parking in wrong places.. Because it could endanger the ecology and the air quality in the city..

So those 15 points are real.. Go pay and SAAQ will send u a letter saying u have to bring in your drivers license for a period of 3 month as of the day they receive them.

Visit their site to see the new rules :

http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/

Seems legit.

legit lulz were therefore had.

Back