Wheels : Reps or no reps , that is the question.

GotBoost

Legacy Member
Hai Mr.

I've been looking for rims for the daily commuter (2012 A3) and nothing really catched my attention other than Audi OEM wheels.

Since OEM+ seems to be the look im aiming for , i'm now looking for A3 Titanium pkg wheels.

Example here :
Rear_Side_View.jpg

Now , i just can't find OEM wheels with proper specs.

The only ones are in SoCal and shipping will be a pain in the ass.

Would you guys go with reps? (i'm really not into reps , but if i can't find shit , that's the only solution)

What would MR do?

Thanks fellas!

reps or not, as long as it looks good it's fine imo.

you could get those wheels in reps, off ecs or a wheel delear.
get center caps of ebay and boom. done.

i had reps in the past... was happy with them and after i "curb-rashed" 2.. I bought another set and sold the original set with the 2 scratched ones (plus i needed new tires)... so the new set of wheels didn't cost me anything. I couldn't have done that with audi oem.

Hai Mr.

I've been looking for rims for the daily commuter (2012 A3) and nothing really catched my attention other than Audi OEM wheels.

Since OEM+ seems to be the look im aiming for , i'm now looking for A3 Titanium pkg wheels.

Example here :
Rear_Side_View.jpg

Now , i just can't find OEM wheels with proper specs.

The only ones are in SoCal and shipping will be a pain in the ass.

Would you guys go with reps? (i'm really not into reps , but if i can't find shit , that's the only solution)

What would MR do?

Thanks fellas!

Hi, I've used 17" Replika R97 of VW Aristo http://www.replika.ca/productinfo.aspx?wn=r79&fn=silver&d=1
with Gislaved NordFrost5 205/50R17 as winter set on my 2010 A3. If you are in fact looking for winter set I've been very happy with it. To bad I can't use them any more since I've change the car.

Last edited:
You can find them locally, I was considering REPs of the Competition (Black Titanium wheels instead of gun metal) wheels I have for summer; be carefull not to go below ET45 as I had Audi A4 rims and they rub in the back.

As mentioned, if this is a daily, or even a weekend car that doesn't see track use, I'd go with replicas. Nothing wrong with that.

God you are in the same spot I am now

I have a 2012 a3 s-line quattro

I have an order for this spring for a set of BBS ch-r in 18" ...

+ I hate the poser look replica give ( thats my opinion)
- I could for the same price get VMR + chip + downpipe + CAI.

I would however do the engine upgrade later even if I get the bbs money isnt the issue. Im really wondering if its worth it or not

To be fair its my girl that wants to go option 1. Since she cant stand fake bling. To her its like dressing the car like a LV purse. Yhea I really have a gf that wants us to blow 4k on wheels ... God i love her :D

Bbs do have a removable lip ... Thats a + but i could buy 3 set for the same price of a single bbs set

Heeeellllpppo

Last edited:
I think you guys are confusing the term replica. Replicas imply the they are copies of OEM wheels, and therefore look the same or virtually the same. That's not bling that looks out of place. The issue is more of the quality of the replica wheels and other specs, such as weight and proper fitment.

I would agree that blinh wheels generally degarde the look of amcar, but quality replica wheels are worth it IMO

Je me suis toujours dit pourquoi dépenser en fou pour des roues... c'est comme mettre 500$ sur une paire de soulier ... a la fin de la journée sa reste que c'est juste faite pour marcher dessus les salir pis les maganer.

Thanks for all the replies folks.

I might just pull the trigget on OEM reps then.

I don't drive it for more than 12 000 km a year , probably won't be touching anything else than rims before warranty is off.

Wanted to get a nice suspension setup , just can't throw 1500$-2000$ for KW V1's or V2's. Id rather do something else with the money.

Getting older i guess!

@Slinky , j'ai vraiment checké les BBS sous tous les angles possibles. De un , j'suis jamais tombé sur un modèle qui était complètement wow sur la A3 apart peut-etre les RS. Deuxièmement, c'est le coté 'tuner-look' qui finit toujours par me turner-off.

Back