Palmer- new track in the northeast

BBQMAN

Shop Representative
Its been in the plans for over 3 years now and it has finally become reality.
Looking forward to a track day or Chump race sometime soon.

Its in New Hampshire/.

Sick course! I wanna go!!!

Alot of elevation changes, I like it and it looks very technical because of the curves and elevation combo, gotta kwow what you're doing.

Just google it and it seems to be in Massachusetts ? , still 5H drive is not that bad track looks awesome

Indeed, I mixed it up with another new track in the NE- Thompson MP, which is in Conn. I guess my heart is with NH as that is where it all started for me in 1986!!

Either way, it should be an awesome track. As far as the rocks and drop off- there will be barriers set-up and it will be a bit like WGI- stay on the tarmac!

I am friends with the driver in that video and run with that club regularly (COMSCC). My favorite lapping club. I will be at Palmer next summer, this track has been talked about for the past five years, can't wait to try it out.

I used to run with COM as well, but they waste way too much of the day and not enough track time for the $$.
There are some very nice people that I met in that club over the years- including Fred the owner of the track- he has a sweet E30M3 and was the only brave one to lap at LCMT in the pouring rain (myself as well in the EVO on streets- him on Hoosier wets) back when the last came.

I will certainly entertain the idea of lapping with Com at the new track if I cant find a better way to get on track.

Either way- happy for new tracks!

Hey Mike- look a thread that talks about something other than ASE and ASELC....lol.....

I don't understand how you can call 80 minutes of track time a day for $225 'not enough track time for the $$$'

Not to mention the fact that all events are time trial events, with the second day offering at least 2 hours of open track time at the end of the time trial session, on top of 40 minutes of practice that morning and your three time trial laps.

I do three NHMS events a year with COM, and go to other tracks with them when my schedule allows (LCMT, Monticello, etc).

Fred Ferguson is a great guy, and the best instructor I have ever had.

Last edited:
I know for some 80 minutes is plenty, but most prefer 200 minutes per day- but that's personal.
The Time trial on day 2 is even worse- lotsa of waiting, not a lot of track time. The newer admin knows this- the old guard doesn't want to change. Their timing system doesn't allow enough cars on the track.

anyways, what's important is that you find an organisations that suits your needs. It seems that COM does for you and that is what its all about!

I know for some 80 minutes is plenty, but most prefer 200 minutes per day- but that's personal.
The Time trial on day 2 is even worse- lotsa of waiting, not a lot of track time. The newer admin knows this- the old guard doesn't want to change. Their timing system doesn't allow enough cars on the track.

anyways, what's important is that you find an organisations that suits your needs. It seems that COM does for you and that is what its all about!

Completely disagree. Don't know when the last time you ran with them was, but the hardcard timing system can have many cars on the track, separated by floating intervals to avoid catch situations. You also get a hardcard for the entire weekend, even if you don't participate in the trials, so you are provided with times every time you are on track.

With the open track at the end of the day, you get as much time on track Day 2 as on Day 1.

You specifically mentioned not enough track time for the money. Tell me where I can get 200 minutes of track time for $225 at a major facility like NHMS, Watkins Glen, or LCMT and I will be there!

I'm not talking about a tiny circuit like ASE or Sanair where it's cheap to rent at night.

Completely disagree. Don't know when the last time you ran with them was, but the hardcard timing system can have many cars on the track, separated by floating intervals to avoid catch situations. You also get a hardcard for the entire weekend, even if you don't participate in the trials, so you are provided with times every time you are on track.

With the open track at the end of the day, you get as much time on track Day 2 as on Day 1.

You specifically mentioned not enough track time for the money. Tell me where I can get 200 minutes of track time for $225 at a major facility like NHMS, Watkins Glen, or LCMT and I will be there!

I'm not talking about a tiny circuit like ASE or Sanair where it's cheap to rent at night.[/QUOTE

Its Ok to disagree, 80 minutes may be your comfortable limit. The last time I ran with them was at LCMT- probably 5 years ago. Most of the people from our region agreed that track time was missing.
Modern time trials use transponders and run 10 + cars per session with limited passing situations.

Modern lapping clubs offer 7 x 30 minute sessions for $350- CTMP, CMP, LCMT and more. You can do the math.

You are right however, they do visit nice tracks, that's a plus- can't take that away form them. But with only 80 minutes available- its hardly worth the drive.
Open track never really happened in the 6 events that I participated in because of timing screw ups- but with registration down across the board and many drivers leaving before timed runs- maybe they now get some track time in.

You ran with the club five years ago, yet you confidently claim 'membership is down across the board' and 'many drivers leave before timed runs.' Neither of those things are true, and you don't know what you are talking about. In fact, there's an entire contingent of drivers who ONLY show up for the time trial series, filling the garages with fresh blood on the second/third day.

You also like to use the word 'modern' a lot, as though somehow COMSCC is running horses and buggies, and repeatedly mention 'my comfortable limit' like you know anything about me.

I hope you realize how condescending/arrogant you sound, and why attitudes like that have pushed Canadian drivers like myself towards American clubs.

'hardly worth the drive.' wow.

I came into this thread, expressed my enjoyment of COMSCC as a time trials / HPDE club, and how I was looking forward to running with them at Palmer, and then got shat on by BBQMAN.

There's your cliff notes.

No shitting on you Continental- just some reality about 80 minute track days. Not condescending - just discussing.

You are right I know nothing about you except from what you write.
However,I may have a better handle on current track trends then you want to believe- but that to is OK by me.
As far as 'buggies'- they have been and most likely always will be old school- they admitted, the old guard will not change. We worked together with the admin for several years to bring change, but they would not have it.
I remind you that its OK to like this club- but I just expressed that is was not a great value for me- and many others that tried it- no shitting here.

Edit- sorry- lets get back to the topic-

Palmer should be awesome- maybe I will bump into you there, with other canucks and have an enjoyable COMSSC event.

Last edited:
I doubt we'll see each other. I haven't seen you at a COMSCC event in the last five years. But you do seem to know a lot about a club you aren't a part of, and haven't worked with in the last five years.

Oh, and thanks, but I don't need your 'permission' to like a club, and am not forced to buy in to your version of 'reality.' Both of those sentences were condescending, by the way, but arrogance often blinds people to their condescending ways.

You don't see me on here shitting on ASE. Why do I even bother posting on this site? /unsubscribed.

Back