SUV in Montreal

SRB-TEAM

I m looking winter car for this season . I always been a sport cars and suv guy. After few seasons that i passed with allroad , a6 ,wrx etc , i was thinking to get something simple this year . mazda 3 or mazda 6 , passat , legacy etc . But same time i was looking for some cars like pathfinder, xterra , jeep , etc .

So my question : Do you guys think its worth to have a SUV around winter if you live in montreal ? How you feel about get suv for your self at winter ?

good stuff about suv its: 1- winter storms and alot of snow , but we dont have that much storms and roads are clean after 2 days . 2- more easy to get parking lot . Have fun outside of city .

bad stuff : fuel consomption . most of the suv are really terrible on gas .

Montréal winter driving mode enabled

custom-mini-truck-plow_zpscfbeca1d.jpg

^ Dommage qu ils soient aussi chers ces kei trucks la.. Ca pas de maudit bon sens comment ils sont over priced.

We don't have it bad enough with the snow in the city to make it worth buying a full size SUV, maybe 4 days per winter when it's not so great. Personally I wouldn't buy anything bigger than a crossover to drive around town and the occasional out of town trips. Reasonable on fuel, easy to park.

Je regarde depuis longtemps pour m'acheter un VUS. J'ai dans l'oeil un X-Terra 2011 Pro 4X avec le 4L. C'est pratique en ville l'hiver, jusqu'a temps que t'aille besoin de passé a un endroit un peu trop serré, surtout que l'hiver les parking a Montréal les gens se ramasse a 45 pied du mur. Déja avec mon Grand Prix, il y a des fois que je dois me serrer les fesses pour passé entre 2 imbéciles qui se stationne on se calissant de l'univers. J'imagine pas avec un Xterra 1 pied plus large ...

Le 16L au 100km me dérange mais faut ce qu'il faut, tu peux pas avoir un truck qui passe par dessus des banc de neige avec un 4low en te disant '' Tabarnak ca devrait autant boire qu'un Yaris pourtant !! ''

D'ici un an je m'achète une maison alors je vais probablement faire le saut mais d'ici la, je garde mon Pontiac.

A small suv like a tiguan, forester, rogue, crv , rav-4 etc might be worth it if you need the cargo space, otherwise a fullsize suv like an explorer, durango pathfinder etc just for the city is in my opinion a waste of $$$ its expensive to drive and hard to park in the city. Would not get that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parking.

Parking an SUV in snow covered streets in the city is a PAIN in the ass

I was looking into a 2011 grand Cherokee, consumption isn't bad at all from what I read in reviews. The reason to having an SUV in the city is to park where cars won't, it's probably more pratical in the city than outside considering montreal is always a mess.I think an SUV is very practical, space-comfort-convenience.

I was looking into a 2011 grand Cherokee, consumption isn't bad at all from what I read in reviews. The reason to having an SUV in the city is to park where cars won't, it's probably more pratical in the city than outside considering montreal is always a mess.I think an SUV is very practical, space-comfort-convenience.

Hum, try fitting the SUV where cars leave some spots open! impossibruh!

Compact and midsize SUVs really arent that bad from an overall length perspective. For comparison's sake, an exterra is a full cm longer than a 4d elantra!. A grand cherokee is within 2 CM of a camry. I'm pretty sure thats manageable for most once you get the hang of it.

Only people that shouldn't have a driver's licence would complain that finding a suitable parking spot for a camry is some sort of tour de force.

Compact and midsize SUVs really arent that bad from an overall length perspective. For comparison's sake, an exterra is a full cm longer than a 4d elantra!. A grand cherokee is within 2 CM of a camry. I'm pretty sure thats manageable for most once you get the hang of it.

Only people that shouldn't have a driver's licence would complain that finding a suitable parking spot for a camry is some sort of tour de force.

Huh I had no clue they weren't that long! Where I live in the city during weekdays, people barely leave any room for small cars... They either park too far appart or random people that don't want to pay for parking at the atwater market park in front of the condos... So yeah, that's why I assume that parking an SUV in the city = hell on earth

My Jeep was the best vehicle I ever owned for winter. Never shoveled at all, ever. Once went down my unplowed driveway with 35+ cm of snow without an issue.

That being said, they are pigs on gas and the older models have lots of parts that need to be serviced.

J'echangerais mon jeep pour rien au monde l'hiver, a moins qui en ai un qui sorte avec un cummins du dealer, l'hiver je me park ou je veux et je vais ou je veux dans n'importe quelle tempete ...

Pas de place de parking au centre d'achat, au restaurants ou au danseuse ? Yeah right, take a look !

En plus je trouve sa tres raisonnable pour le gaz, je fais du 13-14l/100 avec mes pneus d'hiver, je m'attendais a bcp plus.

Huh I had no clue they weren't that long! Where I live in the city during weekdays, people barely leave any room for small cars... They either park too far appart or random people that don't want to pay for parking at the atwater market park in front of the condos... So yeah, that's why I assume that parking an SUV in the city = hell on earth
Comme je t ai dit hier, ma accord est pas plus longue que un ranger/4runner/hilux.

Back