up83pbv.png

up83pbv.png

up83pbv.png

up83pbv.png

up83pbv.png

up83pbv.png

quoting for lulz

gwo chef bandit

J'viens de faire le test, j'ai enlevé ad-bloc pour MR '' seulement '' pour voir la pub.

Honnêtement, c'est vraiment pas si pire. Oui je vois une augmentation de temps pour downloadé la page. Les pub sont pas trop gossante, c'est un '' ok '' pour moi.

Par contre la ou ca passe pas, c'est les menaces venant de l'administration de MR. C'est vraiment dommage.

Pour ceux qui aiment parcourir les topic de photos c'est loin d’être "pas trop gossant"

Castro,

Your pics are always great and I appreciate having them on the site. But this is a user content driven site. That's been the model since its inception. Same as Facebook, same as Twitter same as any other forum.

If you have such a problem with submitting content, why did you do it? Why do you upload to Facebook? Do you post rude messages to Mark Zuckerberg, too? No you don't.

Don't complain after sharing content with the community that it represents some kind of scam or something. You look very hypocritical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think Facebook share your image to promote the site on other platform and putting fucking ads on top of it ....

The amount of users using adblock software while browsing MR has caused revenue to decrease significantly. We rely on revenue from display ads in order to run the site, pay for hosting, pay our photographers etc. Without ad revenue there is no MontrealRacing. By installing adblocker you are directly harming the site. You are preventing us from getting the revenue needed in order to run it.

You don't need to click on ads. Simply by browsing the site, you are helping generate revenue. The impact on page load time is about 1.5 seconds. This is not unreasonable.

Moving forward adblock users will be shown a popup asking them ti disable it with every click. Thank you for your cooperation.

I'll take this personnal as your NEVER paid me for the photography I did a few years ago for a COTM. Remember the money you never sent me ? So fuck you with your shitty anti-adblock bullshit.

since this thread, i just discovered adblock.....nice :bigup:

p.s.: not really but in for the lulz

If you come on here and post instructions on how to try to harm the site (and yes denying the site revenue is harming it) then yes you'll be banned.

Lets at least get some fact straight.
Ads are killing your site or "community" or your pocket or wtv you wanna call it.

Not the adblocker.

Don't tell ppl what to do with their own computer.

Go get a job at Tim Horton if you want more revenue. Not by threatening your users that you will earn more money.

Le Mouvement Populaire de MR

Danny host le site et ramasse l'argent des pubs assis bien confortablement chez lui, mais ce sont les utilisateurs qui créent le contenu et qui contribuent à la popularité du forum. Je crois qu'il est grand temps de révolutionner le modèle en place et d'exiger ce qui nous est dû. Nos posts nous appartiennent et les revenus qui en découlent aussi! Le régime totalitaire de Danny tire à sa fin et c'est le début de l'ère du Mouvement Populaire MRien!!!

Voici le modèle de distribution des revenus que je propose:

20% des revenus mensuels pour Danny: Hosting, Web Developer, nourrir sa femme et ses enfants, payer CobrAAAAAAAAAA pour enlever l'horrible job de decals sur l'ITR, etc, etc
50% des revenus mensuels pour les posts: nb de posts du membre / nb de post total du forum * 50% des revenus
30% des revenus mensuels pour les threads: nb de views sur le thread parti par le membre / nb de views total du forum * 30% des revenus

Boni: On supprime Legacy et Premmy, nous sommes tous égaux.

INB4 LG qui devient riche à cause qu'il est une post whore.

Last edited:
If you come on here and post instructions on how to try to harm the site (and yes denying the site revenue is harming it) then yes you'll be banned.

Don't you get why people are mad? Everything was a discussion until you dropped the ban word and then all hell broke loose. Seriously, log out everyone and go have a beer.

Hell, even members I haven't spoken to in years just messaged me asking "is this the end?"

Stop before you go somewhere you will never be able to recover from. No one is going to win here.

This is very sad, I cannot believe its Danny typing those comments.
Since 2002, I never heard Danny talking like this to the users.

Everyday I'm on MR, proud to be...and now...I dont know anymore.
Smells like the end. You still can save it Danny! Its not too late yet!

Like several have said, MR is the reason I installed adblock. Take what you will from that..

Also, danny, don't tell me what to do with my computer.. you're not my real mom.

Back