Back in the game....

BBQMAN

Shop Representative
After dedicating so much time to cars- tracking, racing and organizing- I am going back to my roots- well at least for the time being.

I have owned plenty of bikes over the years-but my last on- VFR800 2006 with 4K mileage- didn't keep the spark going.

Now- after 30 years of liking bikes- the bug is back. Just bought a RD400 Daytona Special, it was the first bike I ever owned... and yesterday I added a Ninja 900 in pretty solid original shape.

Looking forward, I see several vintage bikes being added to collection.

I haven't spent so much time on Kijiji in my life! It seems that I am addicted to the hunt for old bikes that meant something to me when I was younger.

so, on my radar are- NSR400, any Rz/Rd 350, well 400 as well for that matter. CB900F- I have my eye on one. VFR750- first gen, seen a few like that, maybe a Vf1000R or Interceptor..... VF500 Interceptor.... lol

Anyhow, I haven't had this much fun in long long time. My Evo doesn't give me the same pleasure as just looking at the RD in the garage everyday. Happy to be back!

NSR400: Hope you can machine parts..cause nothing exist anymore(pretty much like all vintage honda)

RZ350 great bike : RD350-400(aircooled seizing crap ) :p

CB900 and VFR750 great bike.

VF1000: such a bad bike handling is shit and power.....is there any on that thing. Should I talk about the 500?

In all they were good bike to cruise around....but other then that :|

There was bike that was way better as of riding.: Even a GPZ550(which sells dirt cheap) is a better bike then a VF1000 IMO.

NSR400: Hope you can machine parts..cause nothing exist anymore(pretty much like all vintage honda)

RZ350 great bike : RD350-400(aircooled seizing crap ) :p

CB900 and VFR750 great bike.

VF1000: such a bad bike handling is shit and power.....is there any on that thing. Should I talk about the 500?

In all they were good bike to cruise around....but other then that :|

There was bike that was way better as of riding.: Even a GPZ550(which sells dirt cheap) is a better bike then a VF1000 IMO.

I am familiar with all the bikes, but thank for reminding me of their character!
I do not plan to ride them often and when I do, I want to be reminded of how raw it was to ride back then.
I have a line on NSR parts no worries there.
RD/RZ no issues with them, top end rebuilds are part of their mystique!
The VF1000R is a collectible.... that's why.... yeah- we nicknamed it the Dinosaur back in the day...

Je viens de voir tes achats.
Si c'est les photo réelle:

Wow tu achete des top notch. Nice.

Oui, c'est des photos des motos le jour je l'ais amener chez nous.

Je crois courir apres 2 basket case cette fin de semaine...... Ouch that means restoring work...

Went to see another RD400 this weekend, too far project for my liking. Looked at a GS1150EF-= too bad it was repainted navy blue- the bike was solid- but doesn't fit in the plan.

Tracking down several others.... January may be real nice if Santa is patient.

Ok so this weekend, went to see a CB900F- too rough for my liking- not really negotiable..... saw a 1985 RZ350 but has clutch issues, need to estimate that before buying.. and finally a Fj1100 survivor, nice but not cheap. Will have to wait , have to be patient!

Deal done for GTA area RD350LC and FZ750 85- both minty mint, very excited.

I guess it depends what can go wrong or did go wrong. Until the cover is off, its anybody's guess.
It sure makes an awful noise when the engine is running. the lever is limp when depressed.
sounds like a bunch of rocks in a tumble dryer....

Back