Program keyfob to lock / unlock while engine is running

NisMobile

I was wondering is anyone has any insight is this is feasible through any sort of programming, like the usual lock, open door, close door....

I am asking simply because when the remote starter is used, the key has to be used to unlock the doors.

The car is programmed that the remote lock / unlock is disabled when the engine is running from factory.

Car is a matrix 2010 2.4 auto and the remote starter is not oem.

Can't you use the remote starter remote to unlock? a proper install would of allow you to unlock the car using the remote start fob.

Since this is a Toyota, i BELIEVE there is an option for that in the TIS.. but i don't remember seeing anything about keeping the wireless receiver active while engine is running last time i plugged my Yaris.

I have the same problem with Subaru... OEM key fob, I'd love to know how to deactivate this security feature

Can't you use the remote starter remote to unlock? a proper install would of allow you to unlock the car using the remote start fob.

Since this is a Toyota, i BELIEVE there is an option for that in the TIS.. but i don't remember seeing anything about keeping the wireless receiver active while engine is running last time i plugged my Yaris.

Neither the oem remote or remote starter work when engine is running. Both work fine with engine off

Ahh.. That's weird. Because the OEM fob on my Civic doesn't work when I remote started. But the starter remote unlocks fine.

Bad install guys. There are a few cars that might cause problems with a remote starter but the cars you guys are mentioning shouldn't have a problem. I worked as an installer. Couldn't tell you from here what the problem is but I can tell you it's a bad install.

Back