Christmas Thread: What to buy.

Matt01

What to buy for the GF this year, and her parents?

Any ideas?

for the parents, wine, booze, my friend said snow globe so they can think about him every Christmas, I thought that was genius, but anything even more original?

For the GF? bracelet, sweaters, watch.... I'm lost!

Thanks!

901.jpg

Solved this dilemma a few years ago.

We both do not get anything for each other and for Christmas we each buy our own siblings/parents a present and put both our names on it.

1) You know your family better than your significant other and 2) All the money you save from not needing to buy each other useless shit helps pay a vacation, some extra dinners or in our case, the makes for a bigger down payment on our future house.

Smart man.

We both do not get anything for each other and for Christmas we each buy our own siblings/parents a present and put both our names on it.

1) You know your family better than your significant other and 2) All the money you save from not needing to buy each other useless shit helps pay a vacation, some extra dinners or in our case, the makes for a bigger down payment on our future house.

go both of you on vacation during xmas period..the best gift ever and you get to avoid all the "nice" family reunions....

Well, 5 years ago almost to the day I got her a Lancer for Christmas:

17576_255126814545_7381326_n.jpg

(sorry, that photo was taken with a phone from 2009...)

So now I'm working on getting her a CTS. (see other thread)

Other than that, The Bay has amazing Christmas specials on jewelry almost every year, last year I had gotten her a multi stone gold bracelet that was selling for 1000$, paid 400$ for it. You just have to be there when it happens, The Bay downtown. Watch for it, most jewelries also have huge specials.

She loved it and the best part was hiding it. I kept it hidden until we put up the Christmas tree (usually about 1 week before Christmas, natural tree.) and then I hung it on the tree among the rest of the ornaments. She NEVER spotted it until our daughter pointed it out to her on Christmas eve.

That was a cool present.

My problem this year are the presents for everyone else. My daughter's getting a Mac Mini, that's fine. Then I have two sisters, two sisters-in-law, a nephew, a niece. I'm thinking gift cards or some liquor for the sisters and sisters in law, niece is 22 and in CEGEP, I'm thinking a prepaid gas card for her car, nephew maybe an EB Games gift card.

pas de cadeau mais 2 semaine dans une belle villa a Saint-Martin, départ de 7 Décembre

Une fille comme ça = femme à marier.

Honestly c un peu mentalite de bs not to buy anything!!

You guys don't have to go all out but its always fun to open a little something on xmas....my opinion!

im prolly gonna get the gf a set of earings! Simple and not to pricy!

c'est pas BS, c'est suivre son budget. sa donne rien de donner quelque chose pour donner quelque chose. aussi ben garder ton cash de chaque coté pis de l'acheter toi meme. oui c'est le fun recevoir, ca j'en conviens, mais il y a des limites a donner pour donner aussi.

Back