A couple questions about my new to me 09 STI

Hi Guy,s

I just purchased a 2009 STI and for the most part im happy with it. It makes 400whp and 440wtq. the car runs very well but the tune for the idle seems a little off as it will surge a couple of times before settling out. The car was tuned with a cobb tuner to speed density. Is this something a tuner can fix easily as I believe to be just a small glitch in the tune. Also because of the headers and exhaust the car is incredibly loud. There are no cats or resonators, it sounds like a race car witch is to much for everyday driving. Any suggestions on quieting it way down.

Thanks

For me, stock header are louder than my Tomei header.

If you change your exhaust, you will need to get a new tune. And a for the Surge.. don't know if is mecanical probleme or he could be solve by tune.. Good luck

Im going to pick up a vibrant ultra quiet resonator and install that in the system and see what happens. I have emailed Synoptic tuning, but have not heard back yet. I am also looking for suspension top hats to put the factory stuff back on for the winter if anybody has them kicking around.

Back