LF UPS battery

dave12

Je cherche un set de batterie pour mon UPS smart 1500.

est-ce que quelqu'un connait une place?

thanks

I usually get all my UPS battery replacement from this place:
----------
MagnaCharge
404 Rue Isabey
St. Laurent, Quebec, H4T 1V3
Phone: 514-631-5191
----------

I like them, since they are cheaper than most places I've tried.. And Batteries is thier only business, so you know they alwys have fresh stock.

However if you don't mind paying 10% to 20% more, you can usually find most of these batteries at most shops like Addison (on 20e Avenue in the east end off the met), Maddison (in Blvd Laurentide in Laval), Access electronique (the old DDO electronics on brunswick blvd), and other similar shops..

I usually just buy the 2 separate batteries (in this case 2x 12V 18Ah), and reuse the fuse and cables from the original battery.. A lot cheaper than buying one preassembled..

If you want preassembled, only place that was pretty cheap at one point, was directcanada.com, but problem is you don't know how long they have been sitting on the shelf.. Most other places it costs about twice as building your own pack with 2 batteries..

I believe the Smart 1500 uses the RBC7 original pack, unless you have the rack mount version.. Keep in mind these batteries are pretty big (under UPS stadards) so they are not dirt cheap).

yeah I went to adisson and maddisson. The battery seems to be on the shelf for a long time, I asked them if i can test it on my ups before buying or if they have atleast 15 day warranty. he told me no for both...

i will check at magnacharge

thanks!

Magnacharge sells to the public?

I did not think they did, but walked in one day during my lunch hour, I asked, and picked up 6 batteries, and very friendly. And cheaper than most places I had checked.

Buying "original" APC packs is a rippoff.. If you can screw/unscrew a couple of nuts and bolts, you are better off getting you own packs and building them yourself.. takes about 5 minutes, and can save 50%+.

I can check for the APC replacement.

But, take a look at allied electronics if you want to build your own pack.

I've also never had issues with batteries bought from Addison/MasterVox/KGE. Their battery rotation isn't so bad.

The last ones I got from MasterVox I used to build the pack for my 1200va is still working strong after 4 years...

just checked for the sua1500 and it's kinda overprice. thanks for sharing tho

I live in Gatineau and there's not anyway near as much options as if your are around MTL nor was I willing to build my own pack. If this is overprice, then it's pretty sad because I had saw much higher prices than that when I was looking.

Make a search for your battery pack product # in google and add "canada", that's how I was able to find the somewhat cheapest option.

I live in Gatineau and there's not anyway near as much options as if your are around MTL nor was I willing to build my own pack. If this is overprice, then it's pretty sad because I had saw much higher prices than that when I was looking.

Make a search for your battery pack product # in google and add "canada", that's how I was able to find the somewhat cheapest option.

LOL 155$ is fair price for the pack. i just quoted him this price without checking your website first!

and the 18Ah OP is looking for isn't cheap at most places either. They go for 70+$ in most places. (95$ at allied electronics), but it's 45$ each at MasterVox in Longueuil. OP is just worried about battery stock rotation for the cheap price he can pay at addisson or such stores..

LOL 155$ is fair price for the pack. i just quoted him this price without checking your website first!

and the 18Ah OP is looking for isn't cheap at most places either. They go for 70+$ in most places. (95$ at allied electronics), but it's 45$ each at MasterVox in Longueuil. OP is just worried about battery stock rotation for the cheap price he can pay at addisson or such stores..

Obviously it would be difficult to visually check the stock of an online retailer lol but if buying OEM APC I would not worry much. I had paid about 70$ & 40$ for my 2 battery packs on top of my head but both were bought from Costco so they were widely made available.

Building your own pack (for most UPS) is not hard... For these UPS it is very simple... For the SUA1500 you just removed 4 nut&bolts (2 hold the main connector to the battery (1 to +, and 1 to -). And the other 2 just hold a small fuse to the back tabs...You get the 2 new 12V18Ah batteries, put a small piece of double sided table to hold them together on the sides, and reattach the same cable/fuse and 4 nut&bolts... There is no soldering/spot welding or anything else, like when rebuilding tool batteries ;)

For many of the other UPS (smaller and simpler - often use 12V 7Ah SLA), they are often just a matter of pulling of the cable which is connected to the battery with a push tab, and reusing it...

At $155 for the RBC7 (which is used for the SUA1500 and other larger units).. You can easily save $65 by reusing your cables, and battery is identical.. Now if you don't want to bother with 4 nuts/bolts, then yes, $155 is a fair price for an original RBC7, with all the cables.

Magnacharge, last I bought from them a few months ago, was selling the 12V 18Ah batteries for my old SUA1400, for $43 each if memory serves me correct... Picked up 2, and no worries about old stock, considering all they do is batteries...

I agree that outside of Montreal/Laval area, your choices are somewhat limited. I've seen cheaper batteries, but when you read reviews of some of these vendors, it is horrifying sometimes.. And often shipping costs (due to weight) often make the deals, useless.

Just bought my battery from magnacharge. Very friendly place. 100$ tax in .30 days warranty and I know the battery are fresh since they have date tag on them .

Thanks emporium :)

Glad it worked out...

I'll probably visit them again early in the new year for a few more batteries for some of my smaller UPS units... ;)

Happy Holidays.

Back