BMW 3 Serie 06-13 - The differences ?

ziboy

What are the change between years or this generation ?
What's the best year ? 2006 is probably the worst ?

328I or xi 2 doors.

well from 06 until 08 its pre lci, 09 and above its lci wich is where the facelift happened. As far as i know engine wise its pretty much the same, only the 335's that got the n55 to replace the 54. Its the appearance that changes, hood,bumper,headlights,tail lights and a couple of interior details.

sedan

attachment.php

attachment.php

coupe

attachment.php

attachment.php

328's started in 07 can't tell about the best year since these cars seem to be pretty solid reliability wise.But tbh i'd go for a facelift i own a pre lci and i won't lie the lci's look fresher and won't be outdated any time soon. Oh and what ever you do, make sure you get the sport package :D

e90post.com is a good reference for more info. :bigup:

Thanks !

I don't see much difference between the pre-lci and lci coupe after all.

pre lci sedan isn't just not in my mind !

yeah my little speech about the pre and lci looks was about the e90's (sedan) and totally forgot that you are looking into the e92 (coupe) lol. Anyways they all look great, good luck with your search *tu*

LCI headlights on the e92 coupe = FUGLLLLYYYYY

but the LCI on the e90 is much nicer

I read somewhere the tranny on the 2009+ models are also stronger or better ? truth to that ?

Generally like all BMW's buy the newest (of a type) that you can afford.

I would always buy the last of a generation then the first. They work the bugs out. IE I will take a 2005 E46 over a 2006 E90...

For E90 the LCI gets a heated steering wheel (big plus for me) and the LCI cars have an updated fusebox, early cars had electrical issues, some had recalls.

The price range on E9x's are pretty good right now and the gap between Pre-lci to lci is less. From what I have read, if you want a pre-lci go for the 330i otherwise try find a 328 LCI.

2 years ago I got a E90 330i (2006 only year prod) vs a 2009 328 because the price gap was about 5k for similar (but less KM) specs. I haven't had any electrical issues or anything major. I did have to change some suspension parts because of some potholes on my route to work, but I was expecting this from a 8yr car. I'm pushing 200k km and going strong! The only thing that I would wish for is that heated steering wheel package...

I have a 2006 E90 325i w/sports package and.... knock on wood...I hav'nt had any major issues with it.

I had one door actuator fail and had to replace the coil pack around 100,000kms but other than that just regular maintenance. I also had a seat sensor that went on the passenger side which ended up being a recall. They changed it free of charge at the stealership.

Personaly, I find the pre-lci looks better all around if you can find one with low milage and good options (Sports Package is a must). The ONLY regret I have is not buying an 06-07 335i however....I know that I'd be getting way more spedding tickets....going threw rear tires every season and spending a lot more in insurance, gas and parts. My 325i seems to be a good blend of both worlds & is plenty fast for a daily driver. A 328i or 330i I would imagine would be the same with a little extra power.

Overall...I am a happy e90 pre-lci owner with no complaints.

Sean

Back