Installed my first BMW remote starter

Installations GTH

Shop Representative
Sure I have done the older ones with a regular remote starter but I did my 1st Idatalink BM1

Really beautiful piece...no cutting of wiring, all the harnesses are cloth covered and look like BMW wiring.

As an old school BMW guy I was seriously impressed. Not cheap but worth every penny.

You just push lock on your factory remote 3 times and it starts. Or you can add remotes or Iphone/android.

Good to know! I've got a few clients who are planning on trading in their BMW's for the new generation. Will mention it to them.

Jonathan, how long did it take you? Curious to know how it bypasses the chipped key, module or starts on "valet mode" then falls into regular as the key appears in the ignition.

I've been thinking of installing one for a couple of years now, just haven't pulled the trigger.

Oh, and I haven't forgotten the LCM, I'm just never in the west island these days... Will come this weekend if you're around

The plug and play starter is only E90 +

For an E46 there is a way, starts normally, you need a couple of bits from BMW , mainly a transponder antenae and a spare key....

The plug and play starter is only E90 +

For an E46 there is a way, starts normally, you need a couple of bits from BMW , mainly a transponder antenae and a spare key....

Ah I knew it! Almost every company's remote starter for the E46 needs a spare key to sit inside the module for the chip. Bummer.
I know that there's a module that can be programmed as an actual key which works in tandem for the remote starter setup. I think it was bookmarked on my old laptop, I'll have a look and will post when I find it

Back