Any full time traders on MR?

Demand hasn't faded, it's offer that is the bottleneck ATM. So demand is stacking up on the back burner. Once offer kicks back in, markets will melt right back up. The closer we get to april, the greater the risk for holders of short positions.

why april?

There's an argument to be made that S&P valuation were not unreasonable in the context of low yields. (Compare yields P/E in 2000 to SPX P/E)

I'm starting to feel uncomfortable with these drops looking at my investment accounts. Really debating on pulling out before everything goes to the shitter, at least last week I was just about even. We are really just at the beginning of corona too, it will be another shitstorm. Feeling very uneasy.

why april?

There's an argument to be made that S&P valuation were not unreasonable in the context of low yields. (Compare yields P/E in 2000 to SPX P/E)

From FA people, sentiments should shift during april-may. This turbulent period is violent and whipsawing but should be short lived.

*I should add that great interventionism is to be expected.

Demand hasn't faded, it's offer that is the bottleneck ATM. So demand is stacking up on the back burner. Once offer kicks back in, markets will melt right back up. The closer we get to april, the greater the risk for holders of short positions.

Demand has definitely faded and if quarantine measures start going into effect in more developed countries demand will continue. It's especially bad for the service sector: conferences, sporting events, and canceled business travel all represent: flights and hotels not being booked, uber rides not being taken, meals not being eaten in restaurants, etc etc. There is no guarantee that it's simply demand being shifted to future Q's. We saw with SARS and 9/11, it takes years for travel/tourism to rebound.

With public authorities in many jurisdictions banning large gatherings of over 1000 people, it wouldn't be a stretch to see malls forced to close.

Apple's iPhone sales were down 61% YoY for February in China because of the quarantine. Sure some of it will be deferred to future quarters some of it might not.

vous en pensez quoi de SU.to , suncor , un bon move a moins de 27$cdn ?

et Ford le titre était légèrement plus bas que 6$us ?

Demand has definitely faded and if quarantine measures start going into effect in more developed countries demand will continue. It's especially bad for the service sector: conferences, sporting events, and canceled business travel all represent: flights and hotels not being booked, uber rides not being taken, meals not being eaten in restaurants, etc etc. There is no guarantee that it's simply demand being shifted to future Q's. We saw with SARS and 9/11, it takes years for travel/tourism to rebound.

With public authorities in many jurisdictions banning large gatherings of over 1000 people, it wouldn't be a stretch to see malls forced to close.

Apple's iPhone sales were down 61% YoY for February in China because of the quarantine. Sure some of it will be deferred to future quarters some of it might not.

I agree with everything you said. All that money that is not being spent though, isn't vanishing. It's just sitting on the sidelines waiting to be spent. And it will once the opportunity arises.

vous en pensez quoi de SU.to , suncor , un bon move a moins de 27$cdn ?

et Ford le titre était légèrement plus bas que 6$us?

Perso je reste tranquille coté action traditionnelle avant que ça se calme, c'est difficile de dire si tu as un bon rabais en ce moment ou si ça va descendre encore plus.

Perso je reste tranquille coté action traditionnelle avant que ça se calme, c'est difficile de dire si tu as un bon rabais en ce moment ou si ça va descendre encore plus.

Ouais moi je reste sur le coté aussi. P-E niaiser un peu avec les PUT for the lolz mais pas plus.
Je sauve le cash pour quand ca va commencer a remonté...

I'm starting to feel uncomfortable with these drops looking at my investment accounts. Really debating on pulling out before everything goes to the shitter, at least last week I was just about even. We are really just at the beginning of corona too, it will be another shitstorm. Feeling very uneasy.
Cristalizing your losses sounds like a very good idea.

Ca ressemble pas mal a ca.
Sur le SP500, je regarde les niveaux suivant pour entrer un Put : 2935, 2990 et 3020
Les zones sont rapprocher, je risque d'entrer a 2935. Tout bouge tellement rapidement.
On verra...je pense que ca va monter un petit peu et ensuite retombé.

La Fed a ajouté 30B$ de liquidité en repo hier, j'imagine que ça l'a aidé à la journée d'aujourd'hui. Ils ont l'air prêt à tout pour pas tomber en récession, un autre rate cut est possible ce mois-ci... on va rester avec un indice de volatilité dans le tapis pour un bout encore.

Ca ressemble pas mal a ca.
Sur le SP500, je regarde les niveaux suivant pour entrer un Put : 2935, 2990 et 3020
Les zones sont rapprocher, je risque d'entrer a 2935. Tout bouge tellement rapidement.
On verra...je pense que ca va monter un petit peu et ensuite retombé.

La Fed a ajouté 30B$ de liquidité en repo hier, j'imagine que ça l'a aidé à la journée d'aujourd'hui. Ils ont l'air prêt à tout pour pas tomber en récession, un autre rate cut est possible ce mois-ci... on va rester avec un indice de volatilité dans le tapis pour un bout encore.

L'affaire que j'ai de la misère a saisir , pourquoi les grandes banques canadiennes sont affectées , elles ont toutes plantés de 20-25% et + depuis 1 mois

la Fed injecte 30 milliards , nos banques canadiennes jump 3-5% aujourd'hui

Part of the canadian banks plumeting is the rate cut, they're already paying nothing on deposits so it's not like they're going to lower that, but a cut in the central bank rate means they have to cut their prime rate which sets their profitability for all sorts of lines of business, like mortgages, lines of credit etc.

Back