Any full time traders on MR?

Interactive Brokers Issues Statement on Crude Oil Contracts and Margin Loss
April 21, 2020 04:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time
GREENWICH, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: IBKR) today noted that, as has been widely reported, the energy markets yesterday exhibited extraordinary price activity in the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) West Texas Intermediate Crude Oil contract. The price of the May 2020 contract dropped to an unprecedented negative price of $37.63. This price was the basis for determining the settlement price for cash-settled contracts traded on the CME Globex and also on a separate, expiring cash-settled futures contract listed on the Intercontinental Exchange Europe (“ICE Europe”).

Several Interactive Brokers LLC (“IBLLC”) customers held long positions in these CME and ICE Europe contracts, and as a result they incurred losses in excess of the equity in their accounts. IBLLC has fulfilled the firm’s required variation margin settlements with the respective clearinghouses on behalf of its customers. As a result, the Company has recognized an aggregate provisionary loss of approximately $88 million.

The Company does not believe that any anticipated losses will have a material effect on its financial condition.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200421005853/en/

Merci beaucoup pour ton aide et c'est fait: je viens tout juste de m'acheter 250 shares. J'ai eu de la misère car il a fallu convertir mes CAD en US. Bon, je suis dépucelé: ma toute première transaction à la bourse.

Hey @sentra_man on est peut-être dans le trouble avec USO...on verra bien....mais check ca de ton côté...
-possible fail du etf
-possible hedge du etf et survie
-possible reprise du marché si retail ou gov achete du petrole
-peut-être d'autre choses....qui sait

https://www.forexlive.com/news/!/uso-etf-halted-again-20200421

USO ETF says it may invest in crude oil futures in any month available
Tue 21 Apr 2020 18:23:28 GMT
Author: Adam Button | Category: News

USO to move into more-distant contracts

The June contract fell as low as $6.50. The ETF held 30% of the open interest. If it goes negative then obviously the entire ETF is wiped out but that's not a big problem. The problem is that if it goes negative someone is holding the bag. You can't go after ETF holders for the money, and I doubt that the fund manager-- USCF -- is too keen on the risk of 136K contracts negative.

The problem is that announcing you're going to sell 30% of open interest is a disaster for prices and they're caught in it.

So what they're trying to do is to move to further out contracts without causing a disorderly selloff in the June contract. That's a tall task but they say they have put 5% of the fund in August futures.

What's terrifying here is that USO's NAV is around $1.50 and it was halted at $2.39. Retail traders are pumping money into it and have no idea what they're buying.

Update: So the fund managed to move 55% of its holdings into the July contract. That's an impressive switcheroo but even with that buying, the July contract is down $7.50 to $18.70. This is delaying the inevitable but with 40% in June and 5% in August, it's a moving target now.

Update 2: Here's the statement. They're basically saying that they're running some kind of oil hedge fund now and they can invest in whatever they feel like. Where are the regulators?

2020-04-21_14-54-42.png

Last edited:
Pensez vous que HOU va remonter aujourd'hui?

Si je comprends bien ce qui a été dit hier, on peut pas buy in en ce moment ?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
c'est plate , mais ce n'est pas très couteux pour apprendre , imagine si tu ajoutais un 0 a ta perte hehe
Oui, j'en ai connu du monde qui en ont perdu ben plus que ca. Je croyais avoir un bon deal avec ca mais je me suis trompé...j'ai appris.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

J'ai acheté 300 a 1.735 et vendu a 1.97 10 minutes plus tard.

Je te félicite pour ton gain de 70$ avant taxes.
En regardant le contexte, c'est une victoire. La plupart on perdu ça avec un 0 ou 2 ou 3 à la fin tout récemment. Situation high risk low reward.

Je te félicite pour ton gain de 70$ avant taxes.
En regardant le contexte, c'est une victoire. La plupart on perdu ça avec un 0 ou 2 ou 3 à la fin tout récemment. Situation high risk low reward.
Pas de taxes et pas de frais, oui c'est risqué et c'est pas un gros montant. Mais bon, moi Chui content avec 13% pour 10 minutes de mon temps

Pas de taxes et pas de frais, oui c'est risqué et c'est pas un gros montant. Mais bon, moi Chui content avec 13% pour 10 minutes de mon temps

Gain imposable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back