MR pilots - need advice

I get that low hour pilots fly to the north but is there another way around moving up north before raking all the hours up. I have a house and soon a baby, can't pack up and leave like that

Buy/rent a plane and fly fly fly

but are your flying hours in a single engine Cesna for leisure counted toward the 2000 hours needed for commercial pilots?

a guy nearby has a small plane and has a runway on his land, if I could rent it and use that to build my logbook hours, it wouldn't be that bad actually

but are your flying hours in a single engine Cesna for leisure counted toward the 2000 hours needed for commercial pilots?

a guy nearby has a small plane and has a runway on his land, if I could rent it and use that to build my logbook hours, it wouldn't be that bad actually

619156e491d2832c301e12752fcd2e9b.jpg

Answer is yes!

But you need some right seat hours as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

60k will get you a commercial license with around 200hrs.

Right now there aren't many entry level jobs (low airtime is between 300-500 hours) At the moment, most right-seat jobs require 1000+ hrs but once the industry picks up again, new hires will be needed and the bar will lower back down again

Definitely a promising career if aviation is your passion, if doing it for the money your better off elsewhere

A friend of mine bought a cessna 150 with another friend. They both ended up paying close to 80k EACH to own the plane for two years after all calculated costs (gas, maintenance, storage, registration, insurance, etc) was actually cheaper to just rent from the start but sometimes you can get lucky and find a good plane no need of major repairs

Back