Power Ranger..Now with burn out vid on page 3!

j'ai fait herculiner achete sur amazon. et le fini est pas mal plus uniforme et rugueux(morceau de rubber) que le duplicolor (les review sont pas fameuse pour le duplicolor :|)

I like the Duplicolour one.. It was great in my old truck and this new one seems a lot better with the kevlar chunks in it.

Little update!
Truck is stored for the winter!

The end of the season sucked for the truck. After getting the electrical all figured out I kept having engine problems. The truck would start and idle all day long but as soon as I put it in gear the RPMs would drop and if I drove it it would be actually fine until I would wanna stop and the truck would want to die. Pretty sure its due to a sticking float in the carb or
possibly a vacuum leak. Either way Im planing on getting a new carb or possibly that new Holley EFI system.

I got my Hedman V8 Ranger headers in! With my flowmasters next year should sound pretty dam good!

I also pick up a Ranger Splash Valance off kijij for really cheap. The one that was on my truck seemed to be cut or broke. Should look good when I get it painted and install some LEG fogs.

Thank!

Update!

As much as I really wanted to upgrade to either a 4 barrel carb or even better the Holley EFI set up with getting married this year I am being an adult and not spending tons of money on the truck this year. So instead I decided to just get a rebuild kit for my 2bbl Motorcraft carb. I got a rebuild kit from Carbs Unlimited for around 30$.

Once the kit arrived I started at it.

Sure enough a bunch of the gaskets were dead and a bunch of old dried fuel gunk coated the inside. The rebuild was pretty straight forward altho not that easy since the rebuild kit didn't come with instructions.

Turned out the original kit I got had a few gaskets that didn't match up with the ones on my carb. I ended up contacting Mike from Mikes Carburetors and he helped me find what gaskets I needed.

With the carb all put back together it was time to install it back on the engine. Well with my dumb luck right as I was going to put it back inlace I dropped one of the nuts and it fell down into the intake in a exhaust port. I tried getting it with a shop vac, a medium magnet I had and even resorted to starting to take off the intake but with it getting late I stopped.

That night my buddy gave me some small earth magnets so I duct taped one of them to a piece of wire and sat on the engine with a flash light and went fishing! Too my surprise I was able to get it! Ive never been so happy to see a nut ! So I finished installing the carb and re torqued the intake.

While working on the engine I saw that my front tires were really messed up so I went over to Overdosed Performance and ordered some new rubber.

I got some nice new Cooper radials to match my rear tires. For the front I have 195 / 60 / 15s compared to the 255's in the rear.

While at OD I also picked up a inline glass fuel filter so I can make sure I have fuel in the line. I installed it all and the truck was ready to fire!

wow! great progress! really love the truck!! i actually like it with those hoodscoops especially since you say they are somewhat functionnal! give it a muscle look..

looks very clean aswell! in for more update!

Felt good to drive it again! Its running decent and a hell of a lot better then last year. I need to tune the carb a bit and I still have a slight issue with it revving pretty high in park/neutral and then having the idle drop almost to the point of dying when in drive if I don't give gas.

Needs a wash badly I know..lol

Big Update!!!!

End of last year I picked up a Ranger Splash front valence so after painting it up it was time to install! Issue was I had to remove the lip thing that was attached to the bumper and who ever installed it decided to use a different size bolt/screw for every hole!

So I had to removed the entire bumper to make things easier.

With the bumper off I was actually able to see how the old lip was attached and with that I decided to saws all it off! lol

Got the Splash Valence on and I love how it looks! I have a pair of Trux LED fog lights that I will be putting in when I have a chance.

Now onto the fun stuff!

Loaded the truck with all my new parts and it was off to AVFab for the truck to go under the knife.

First step was to cut off the old crappy exhaust system...

Still blows me away how shit this exhaust was..

With the exhaust off and the old headers cut out is when the crap hit the fan! Turns out the V8 Ranger swap headers from Hedman that I purchased did not freaking fit my V8 swapped Ranger and to top it off since I bought them before winter I could not bring them back..Yay. So I did some research and found an other set of hedman headers that were supposed to fit no problem except there was a problem.. I would need a mini starter since the new headers would not clear a factory starter. So with that I ordered an other set of headers and a new mini high torq starter.

The starter was expensive but great and considering I was having heat soak issues with my old one it was a good purchase...The second set of headers on the other hand were not.. They didn't fit either.! Turns out who ever did the swap on the truck did not use a swap kit but did a DIY job using mustang convertible mounts and welded them straight to the cross member which made the engine be half and inch to low for the headers to clear the frame rail.. SO being fed up we notched the frame rail a little bit which is a very common thing to do with these swaps anyway. While still at AVFab the truck also got a new Copper rad installed, new front tires installed as well as getting the sender unit in the fuel cell fixed and a new Auto Meter fuel gauge so I can actually know how much fuel I have!

Truck sounded bad ass being open headers lol

With most of the little things fixed it was exhaust time!!

Called up SS Towing to pick up my truck and bring it over to Federal!

Federal did an amazing job on my exhaust system! It was exactly what I wanted. The Flow Master Delta flow 40's are perfect, not loud but still mean sounding..

Of course on my way home from Federal I had a little over heating issue.. Makes sense that I had on my RoadKill shirt.. It was a simple fix at least.

Now that the truck finally had a proper exhaust system that was creating back pressure the truck idled like garbage! I would drive great but at low RPM it felt and sounded like I had a 1000hp drag car.

I ended up bringing the truck to a local garage that happens to have a old school mechanic that is a genius with carbed engines..

It took them a day but the truck runs mint now and is finally back home! Im super happy to finally have the truck back as I can finally go pick up some stuff at Home Hardware that Ive been waiting on..lol

Thanks

If ever you want I have the factory 4 barrel intake from my Mustang. Seeing as I changed it 5 years ago odds are it isn't going back stock.

Ok Finally have time to update this thread!

With the truck running properly I was finally able to start putting some millage on it. My goal was to do at least 1000km's with the truck by the end of the year.

Started using it while going out on shoots.

While shooting my buddies Type R'ed Integra.

One thing I wanted to fix was the bumper pad that kept lifting up.. Some good ole PL and some clamps did the trick!

Installed my Mr Gasket fuel pressure gauge.

I hated the gauge trim that I had in the truck so went over to Kenny and got me a "new" one.

Looks so much better! I still need to get a new dash tho but that will have to wait.

Was fun to finally take the truck to a few shows. Went to Mustang Mania as well as the So Clean Show.

With my new headers my dip stick tube had to be bent in order to fit. What ended up happening is after checking my oil the dip stick would not go back into the tube due to one of the bends.. I tried to "fix" it and ended up breaking the tube. Luckily OverDosed Performance was able to get me one next day when even Ford told me it would take them a week to get .

The truck was running good but I was still having cooling issues. The engine would take a while to get up to operating temp but once there it would just climb and climb. It once got up to as much as 240 when I got stuck in traffic. A Stock T stat is rated to 190/195 so running around 200 to 220 is not horrible but not great either so I decided to open up the t stat housing to see if maybe my t stat was shot or stuck or something. To my surprise I didn't even have a T Stat at all! I went to the local Car Quest and picked up a stock 190 T Stat to see what it would do.. Having a T Stat in the truck helped out a ton but when sitting in traffic or driving around at slow speeds the temp would rise higher then I wanted them to so I figured it was a fan issue. I have a 14.5" E Fan that I thought should do the trick but it didn't have a fan shroud so I thought that could be the issue.. My plan was to buy/build a shroud to see if that would show any improvements but that plan got put on hold pretty quick........

Because this happened! I took the ranger to work ( Autodrome ) one night. I got to the track early to avoid the lines so I went and parked and popped my hood since I had time kill I was going to check some stuff out. Engine temp was about 210 ish. I was looking at my headers and some other stuff on the passenger side of the engine bay when I noticed a few drops coming from my lower rad hose.. So I walked over to the drivers side of the engine, took off my sun glasses and took a look.. Right then and there the hose burst in my face! So 210 degree preston right into my face and eyes!! Long story short.. Most pain Ive ever had, Emergency room visit but I was ok.

The next day I had to go back to the Autodome to remove the ranger from the middle of the track.

Day after that was spent fixing the split hose. Basically the old was was just too old and swelled up and split right in my face.

Week later I returned to the scene of the crime..lol I didn't open my hood this time..lol

Once the truck was fixed I hit up the exclusive on day meet with it! I even figured out the fan issue. It was a super simple fix and now the truck was running perfect! I did pick up some more powerful dual fans off a Intrepid but I need to upgrade my Alt before putting them on.

The shocks that were on the truck were shot but I didn't want to just get stock replacement ones. Picked up some KYB Mono Tubes. Rides sooo much better now!

Hit my goal!!

Doing truck stuff!

Show truck..lol

Saw on the Kenny U Pull Facebook page that they got a Ranger Splash in so I header over and got the grill!

Painted it all up!

I love how it looks!.. Still OEM but now with a little more flair.

Gross job... I noticed my oil pan was leaking. I traced it down to two leaks. One was a easy fix since it was just my drain plug that was fucked but the other was a small hair line crack. I woulda liked to just replace the oil pan but due to the swap it would of required the engine to come out so next best thing was Permatex.. This stuff is amazing!. I also brought the truck back to the Transmission shop to fix a tranny leak I had. They ended up fixing and changing a lot of stuff including my flywheel ( flex plate ) Love the service from Transmission St Eustache.

Even tho I should not of been spending money at the time I found a deal I could not pass up. Edlebock Performer 4 BBL intake and Carb with Spacer! I already can't wait to install it!

And sorta the reason why I should not of been spending money.. I was getting married! The Ranger was great to transport all the wedding stuff over!

And yes I was getting married at Autodrome St Eustache! And Yes Im a lucky lucky man that my wife said yes to having it there.

Wedding was amazing! Wedding Burn Outs FTW!

Not a great photo but that is my gas pedal. For a while I had a feeling my gas pedal was getting lower and lower. I also had to have my foot to the floor in order to get up to high way speed. I thought that it was just the gas pedal bracket bending and I didn't think it was that bad until I went back to the track to pick up the wedding stuff and when leaving had my gas pedal break completely off from the fire wall.

Did some Jag Fab and used some angle brackets and made some bracing along with some proper bolts to hold the pedal back inplace. Its not the prettiest but works great.

Had to do some fall photos with it!

Was pretty cool QNR.ca wanted to do a little feature on my truck.. Was fun to be on the other side of things during a photoshoot for once! I can't wait to see the article especially since burn outs with a proper working gas pedal are a lot more fun..lol

Thats it for now. I still have to bring it to AV Fab to have my frame finally patched in from where the old headers passed and next thing is to order everything I need to install the new carb and intake.. Hoping for some Black Friday deals.

C'est quand même fou tout ce qu'on doit faire pour arriver à daily drive ce genre de projet les gens ont pas idée. Il faut toujours avoir le nez en dessous du hood et passé son temps à tout vérifier, ajuster ou réparer. Mais après avoir fait le tour et que ca devient fiable et qu'on peut finalement l'utilisé comme un véhicule normal ohhh le plaisir qui en découle!

Nice update ton camion a fait beaucoup de chemin pas mal plus clean qu'au début *tu*

Back