Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 Experience?

goden99

Hello!!

I'm looking to get new Winter tires and I'm thinking of getting the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2. Probably the most expensive tire i've ever purchased.

From the reviews it says they are amazing on ICE, Very good in Snow but SUCK in Wet and Dry. Anyone here bought them willing to share their experience with these guys?

je suis entrain d'instaler les miens a l'intant je te reviens avec un review demain a l'aube

Second season on them and happy but not thrilled with them. Maybe I set my expectations too high?

The ice performance is true, probably the best short of studs. The lateral snow performance is not so great but I've never got stuck in even deep snow. Lastly I find wet/dry pretty good, especially the noise however they are not Alpins or WRG3s which people seem to always forget.

I find they have much more stopping grip than acceleration grip. Frustrating at stop signs/lights but worth it in the "oh shit" moments.

The only real downside is that they seem like they're only going to last about 15-20,000km

Had them last winter on my 135i.

They are great on ice indeed but only fair in snow and wet conditions.

Overall, the Hakka 8 is a better option imho because they are almost as good on ice and a lot better in snow and water.

As said above, the R2 wear out faster then the Hakka 7 or 8.

R2 is a softer rubber from what I've been reading this morning.
I was sure R2 was made for SUV pretty much. But found out it was not.

They make two tires. Nokian SUV R2 and Nokian R2.

I've been told R2 ICE performance is amazing but good on snow. While the 8 are good on ice and very good on snow...
I think I'll go for the R2. The Black ice is what I don't see and I have problems with.

I have the R and I absoltuely love them. Great all around compared to my pirelli sotto zeros i had on before.

I don't know about FWD or RWD but with the quattro they give excellent acceleration traction.

I have the R and I absoltuely love them. Great all around compared to my pirelli sotto zeros i had on before.

I don't know about FWD or RWD but with the quattro they give excellent acceleration traction.

Almost everything is better than P-Zero's. Far from being a benchmark

Call me crazy but I never liked my set of studded hakka 7s I had on my R32, maybe it was the studs but the tire felt extremely "soft", had absolutely no input response compared to a friend running michelin X-ice, most studs came off and the tire wore like crazy on medium weather, and in the snow they we're that good either..

Overall, I probably won't buy nokian, not because the quality wasn't there but for the price, I'll stick with gislaved or other copycats that perform as good for half the price

I have R2's on my corolla and I love them! I never got stuck in snow or ice when i'm parked or stopped at a red light in the hills. I can drive pretty fast on the highway when its slushy, changing lanes and feel pretty safe. You know when you're always about to loose traction....not the case here. I tend to follow the (crazy héhé) guys in AWD audi's

I got the R2 and I have to say they are SOFT.

Pros
I can STOP on ICE !!?!!?!!!!!!! Huge +
Snow performance is also stellar

Cons
Soft and worried they won't last more than 50,000km
Disconnected feeling from the road
Wet/Dry performance is below average

Yes they are a lil soft but they are supposed to last longer than most tires... we'll see !! to be honnest, I prefer to be SAFE.

Back