BBD (Bombardier) stock goes down by a lot today

change your title for BBD.

next headline: BBD to be privatized by caisse and beaudoin family ... lol

I`m so glad I waited.. a few months ago I was eyeing it at around $4 thinking it should pick up.... boy..oh boy..

i would rather buy the senior notes than equity at this point... feels like their debt capacity is maxed out and equity issuance is the only way to shore up the cash position.

guys...! get ready to be diluted...! These guys openly state they need 3bn of cash on the B/S at end of year so they can operate properly. They are missing cash and I don't think they could raise further debt!

guys...! get ready to be diluted...! These guys openly state they need 3bn of cash on the B/S at end of year so they can operate properly. They are missing cash and I don't think they could raise further debt!

Don't worry, they'll get money from the government as usual.

please post source.

read previous earnings transcripts (yes.. this is the Q4 transcript, it's a bit old, but they've been saying the same stuff since forever)

Walter Spracklin - Research Analyst said:
I want to start with my question, I guess, on to Pierre Alary, it looks like your CapEx now, you're guiding about $100 million to $400 million more for this year and then higher for the next year versus your prior guidance. You'd always indicated into us that your cash requirements or liquidity requirements at the beginning of each year, you wanted them to be about $3 billion. My question I guess is, is that $3 billion, given where you are in your investment cycle, is $3 billion still the right number to use? And if you are to go toward the higher end or the worse end of your cash flow expectations, are you comfortable that you'll be able to maintain that $3 billion or whatever the new number is, at the beginning of each year over the next couple of years?

Pierre Alary said:
Well, the answer is -- the $3 billion, yes, is the right figures. And as you look at the past 2 years, we were above $3 billion -- for the past few years, we were above $2 billion to start the year and we've been going through a significant investment period. So yes, the -- having a $3 billion floor and having access to credit facility of $1.4 billion, that's providing us with $4.8 billion of liquidity, which we feel are adequate given the investment program we have.

I've lost all interest in this stock. has traded rangebound for the past 2 years, they've tapped debt markets for ~2bn each year for the past 2 years, their situation with the Cseries is not good. Debt markets won't be cooperative with them, they need an equity injection to shore up the balance sheet and weather the storm.

As I said above, at this point and time, I would buy the bonds and not the equity. But that's my personal opinion.

stock's down to 3 right now, every analyst on the street cut its price target and fitch revised its credit outlook with a high possibilite of a further downgrade in the next 3-6 months.

I dropped cash on gold miners a few days ago, I think that's where it's at right now.

Back