DO NOT BUY FROM Park Avenue Audi / Groupe Park Avenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munchy

Legacy Member
Here's the initial story setup:

My dad and I are looking to buy my mom an Audi A4 B8 (2009-2012). We looked at ads on the internet via Hebdo, Lespac, etc... and visited a few dealers, the last one on the list being Park Avenue Audi in Brossard. We found two A4s that interested us at that specific dealer and decided to pay them a visit on this passed Monday.

Here's how the story played out:

We visited the dealer on Monday afternoon to check out the two cars in the listings. My dad was already dealing with one of the salesmen that was available at the time I arrived and unfortunately one of the A4s we wanted to check out was already sold. We continued the discussion onto the second car that interested us and went over the details of the car and then entered initial negotiations on the selling price of the car. We were able to attain one aspect of the price we were looking to pay but were still not satisfied. The salesman then showed us the physical car so we could check out the overall condition. After agreeing that the car was in good condition, we went back to negotiating the price. At this time, the new cars sales manager introduced himself to us and continued on with the negotiations to obviously get us into the car then and there. I won't lie, we negotiated pretty hard but in the end, both us and the sales manager/salesman came to an agreement in price, add-ons, and financing terms. The manager wanted to get us into the car that very night, which we were on board with. We made some phone calls with the rest of my family to confirm everything but we were unable to get a hold of the family member that would be putting the financing on their name. We immediately told them that we would make an appointment to be back the next day. The salesman obviously stressed some points like the price and the financing terms may not be available if we were to leave right there and then, but the situation was out of our hands and we to take the chance coming back.

The next morning, we called the salesman directly and made an appointment for Tuesday evening to go back to the dealership and sign the papers and proceed with the financing aspect of the sale. We arrived that evening and went to the same salesman and also met with the sales manager that was there facilitating the sale the day before. I guess lucky for us, the financing program was still applicable and they also agreed to the same negotiated terms we came to the day before. So this is very important: we signed papers for the intent of purchase of the specific vehicle with the car's model information, VIN number, dealership information, and our home address, etc... 6 pages total signed by the salesman and my mother, 3 copies they kept and 3 copies we kept. This paper also had the final sale price of the car and all stipulations for add-ons we had agreed on during the price negotiations. We then proceeded to meet with the woman in charge of financing at the dealership and gave her all the necessary information to contact Audi Canada for financing. We also told her that we'd be willing to put a down payment on the vehicle if needed be to facilitate the processing of the financing terms. At first the salesman told us we would know the response for the financing almost right away, but then were told that she would contact us the next morning.

Here's why you SHOULD NOT buy from Park Avenue Audi / Groupe Park Avenue:

On Wednesday morning we received no calls from the financing department, nor anyone else at the dealership. We decided to call the salesman in the afternoon, which is when he informed us that the woman from the financing department was sick and did not come into work that day. We were upset that he didn't call us earlier to let us know, but we accepted his reasoning for there being no response from the finance department. He told us that he would call us if anything changed that day or latest Thursday morning to give us an update. Thursday morning, we again did not get any calls from the dealership. We called the salesman again in the afternoon to pretty much ask him what the hell was going on and got the run around that he was busy and was unable to check up on our file that morning. He said he would call back within 30 minutes and give us an update. Thankfully he called us back to let us know that the woman in the finance department was sick again and did not come to work BUT maybe be coming in from 6-9 pm that evening to catch up on her files. He said he would call us back before 9pm to give us an answer. We did get that call that night, but again with the excuse that she hadn't come into work that night. He promised that it would all get resolved by 5pm on Friday and we could enter the final phase of purchasing the car.

Today, at around 5:30, my father got a call from the "president" of Park Avenue or Park Avenue Audi to tell us that financing did not go through for the full amount and that they SOLD THE CAR TO SOMEONE ELSE! That's when my dad flipped his lid. He requested to know what dollar amount was approved for financing and when he found out that number was well within the amount we were willing to put as a down payment, he really let into this so called "president" of the dealership. He tried to then offer us random cars like a Q7, Q5, a manual A4, as compensation for their "mistake". Obviously we have zero interest in these cars, we were looking for a very specific vehicle, which we found at this dealership and they decided to sell it to someone else AFTER WE SIGNED THE INTENT TO PURCHASE PAPERS. The "president" then said to give him until next Wednesday to find a suitable replacement vehicle for "our troubles". Obviously we won't accept anything from this dealership short of a brand new 2015 A4 for under $30,000 at this point. It's just not worth wasting our time and money on rats like these. We will be filing an official complaint with the BBB on Monday.

TL;DR: Signed official dealership papers with intent to purchase a car from Park Avenue Audi in Brossard, dealership sells car to someone else while we're "waiting" for finance department to file our information.

200_s.gif

Indians... And negotiations ...lol ....

Munchy Park Avenue is not the best chain of dealers and their staff is retarded .. But usually they have good cars...

Next time if YOURE READY to buy just bring that family member under who's name you wanted to finance the car with you.

I recently bought a diesel BMW from park avenue .. The sales people seemed primitive but I didn't care, I liked the car.. I put a deposit right away, came back the next day and to pick up the car..

If you didn't leave a deposit and royally sodomized their brains to save an extra $3... I would of sold the car to someone else if I was in their place.

TL;DR: Signed official dealership papers with intent to purchase a car from Park Avenue Audi in Brossard, did not leave a deposit dealership sells car to someone else because financing was not approved...while we're "waiting" for finance department to file our information.[/B]

here I fixed that for you. Good luck with finding another car, move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Russian_M3, sorry Munchy.

Indians... And negotiations ...lol ....

Munchy Park Avenue is not the best chain of dealers and their staff is retarded .. But usually they have good cars...

Next time if YOURE READY to buy just bring that family member under who's name you wanted to finance the car with you.

I recently bought a diesel BMW from park avenue .. The sales people seemed primitive but I didn't care, I liked the car.. I put a deposit right away, came back the next day and to pick up the car..

If you didn't leave a deposit and royally sodomized their brains to save an extra $3... I would of sold the car to someone else if I was in their place.

Really not a big deal, money talks and the other guy had it.
I dont think any other dealership would have told the guy with cash "sorry this car is getting the run-around from someone, I can't sell it sorry"

Had the same thing happen to me at a used car dealer this summer. Made a verbal agreement to come back and decide the day after, came the next morning to put the deposit (and actually did put a deposit) but then right after another sales guy came running in saying some guy in Val d'Or put a deposit over the phone earlier in the morning so I was screwed and had to be refunded. In the end, the car I ended up buying (for my wife) was from a less shady place and was much better and I'm very happy. Munchy you'll find another one. A4s are common enough.

Had the same thing happen to me at a used car dealer this summer. Made a verbal agreement to come back and decide the day after, came the next morning to put the deposit (and actually did put a deposit) but then right after another sales guy came running in saying some guy in Val d'Or put a deposit over the phone earlier in the morning so I was screwed and had to be refunded. In the end, the car I ended up buying (for my wife) was from a less shady place and was much better and I'm very happy. Munchy you'll find another one. A4s are common enough.

Perhaps there could of been a misunderstanding .. IF the salesman you gave the deposit to didn't know another salesman already got a deposit from another client..
Business isn't organized enough !

These type of things can happen..

I've ran into many similar situations when I was exporting cars to eastern europe ..

And you are right, Munchy shouldn't stress over it .. There are plenty of other A4 out the on the market..

So you walked in a dealer with your dad and negociated the salesman to the very last penny but couldn't buy it at that moment because you need someone else in your family to finance it?

Why does your mother need to drive an Audi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
i loled hard @ '' Obviously we won't accept anything from this dealership short of a brand new 2015 A4 for under $30,000 at this point''

OP sounds like a total dick.

Negs like a prick, doesnt leave a deposit, doesnt go though financing for a used Audi.

GTFO!

Pas de dépôt, c'est le premier qui apporte le cash that it! La compétition est tellement forte, pas le temps de perdre une vente pour un branleux dans manche!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back