HELP!: NDG Area - OBD2 Scanner/VagCom? Will Pay $ or Beer.

sheepszies

Does anyone live in the NDG area and have an OBD2 or VagCom scanner?

My beater, a 2001 1.8T GTI, has no throttle response and has the EPC and CEL on. Just need to get the fault codes so I can research a solution.

Car drove fine from Vermont to Montreal this morning. I gotta get back to Vermont by Friday. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. If you live close by, I can throw you $20 or something.

Thanks,

N.

No throttle response AT ALL? Like can't rev the motor? Or does it go away after several starts of the car? First time this problem occured?

No throttle response AT ALL? Like can't rev the motor? Or does it go away after several starts of the car? First time this problem occured?

First time this has happened. No throttle response AT ALL. I have only owned the car since November and it has only been on the road since January. 335,000 km on it.

Do you have an APR chip ?
If so you might have enabled the antitheft mode inadvertently. Happened to me recently. Car would start but no throttle response (drive by wire gas pedal). CEL would blink and EPC was ON too. Scanned with VagCOM and no code showed up. I had never used the anti theft before that, but that was it!
Check the procedure to input the unlock code, and I hope you have it !
Hope this helps !

Well if the guy had to drive it on Friday, I'm guessing he doesn't need it anymore. I have an OBD2 scanner if you still need it.

Back