Oil pan baffle

sebass_tek

Legacy Member
Bonjour, j'ai une question sur les oil pan baffle.

Je ne suis pas sans savoir que pour les hondas de série B, H et K il existe une multitude d'alternatives aftermarket pour les oil pan baffle.
Par contre, pour les moteurs honda de série L, plus précisément les LEA (honda CR-Z), je ne trouve pas de solutions à part la spoon qui est dispendieuse et qui doit être long à commander.

La pan d'origine est en alu au complet, est-ce qu'il y a des shop dans la région qui ont l'expertise de faire des baffle sur mesure ?

Je pense m'acheter un cr-z sous peu comme daily et je pense aller très souvent lapper avec et évidemment je pense que c'est un upgrade indispensable

Merci
--------------

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding oil pan baffles

I know their is a lot of aftermarket solutions for B, H and K series honda engine, but just a few for L series engine, more precisely LEA (Honda CR-Z). I know that spoon makes one for the CR-Z but that is not cheap.

The factory oil pan is made of aluminum, is their a shop with the expertise to do costum oil pan baffles ?

I'm planning to buy a CRZ as a daily commute and planning to go lapping every monday

Thanks

image.php

I doubt you'll have any issues on a car with streetable suspension and 180-200TW tires. If it was a gutted race car, big slicks, high rpm etc, a baffled, higher capacity pan and even an Accusump would be a must. The L15 Formula1600 conversion made by HPD also comes with a dry sump system, so maybe possible to retrofit.

If you are really worried about it, first install a quality oil pressure gauge and warning light and see how much of a pressure drop you get under cornering.

I doubt you'll have any issues on a car with streetable suspension and 180-200TW tires. If it was a gutted race car, big slicks, high rpm etc, a baffled, higher capacity pan and even an Accusump would be a must. The L15 Formula1600 conversion made by HPD also comes with a dry sump system, so maybe possible to retrofit.

If you are really worried about it, first install a quality oil pressure gauge and warning light and see how much of a pressure drop you get under cornering.

thanks for the info

Back