Porsche 991 GT3 RS Specs leaked

Choses importantes que j'ai appris aujourd'hui:

Chris Harris va tester la gt4 demain
IMG_20150306_155131.png

Et ils vont faire une Gt4 RS si il y a de la demande!

*Bonus

10440293_10153134506148430_5504598814798273225_n.jpg

Last edited:
Lots of pure speculative non-sense.

Porsche did not implement the PDK because of GT3 owners crashing their cars on YouTube; that is truly the crappiest argument I have seen for it.

Buyers in this segment want the latest and greatest, manual transmissions are past their prime and limit a car's ability to perform even in the hands of the best track drivers out there. These buyers care about bragging rights, ultimate pure speed and performance, without even knowing if they, themselves, could actually do it.

Nobody will tell these guys to step away from purchasing these cars because they can't handle it; again pure non sense. At the speed these cars are going, no one but pros could actually drive these on the track with a manual and have any fun. They rev too fast, have too much cornering grip and simply reach speeds that make shifting your own gears an excess process.

Sooo true, 2 years ago at Sebring I was working for a team testing a new (then new) 997.2 GT3 Cup. Before the official IMSA testing there was Porsche Club of America (PCA) trackday on saturday-sunday. We signed up because it was worth the extra tracktime for (relatively) little money.

These guys are about bragging rights, A LOT (I would even go as far as saying the majority) of them were very novice drivers. And yet they had GT3 RS's with Cup slicks, Cup brakes, Cup splitter, Cup wing, Cup swaybars, Cup suspension. Believe me, it's FUCKING dangerous, you end up with almost GT3 Cup performance with NO safety features and a novice driver with a massive ego, it's the perfect reciepe for disaster. The small he-did he-had he-said talk in the paddock was unbearable.

Personnaly I think having PDK on these cars is awesome, you get the sequential box spped and feeling without having the drawbacks of a stiff clutch, noisy gears, rebuilds every 25h, rattles etc. But for the average track day ego it just makes them more dangerous, because you know it's only a matter of time before these idiots are going to put Cup brakes, Cup wings & Cup suspension on them. Instead of hitting the wall at 180km/h, they'll hit it at 190...

The car is awesome though, I absolutely LOVE it ! It is just not suited to beginners, a well prepped ex-race car with a nice roll cage is a better car to learn in.

You get those types out of every track group... there are a bunch of good drivers going to PCA events though. What scares me though now that the car is PDK it will appeal to that group that couldn't figure out how to rev match, now they can finally get an RS.. Let the carnage commence!

Back