Road bike thread

2017 Road bike thread

Where did you order from? Chain Reaction?

I bought a used Specialized Sirrus Sport for a commuter bike off the net for a song. Previous owner had tune up receipts etc but ugh wtf everything is coated in grease as if the bike shop just get adding chain oil on top of chain oil. Brakes were way out of adjustment! Going to clean it up later on today, will post photos!

If the pedals come from the uk my guess is wiggle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a voir la gang de cave qui post sur MR quand ya des débats vélo/auto je pense que je vais continuer de rouler dans l'est sur la piste, sur le ptit train du nord et au chalet sur les routes désertes. Déjà la saison est jeune et j'ai deja vu des automobilistes se crisser de la piste cyclables ou s'en servir comme voie de service pcq sa vidange de eagle talon était en panne sur sherbrooke... esti ca sera pas rose avec les morons sur la route

En effet depuis la "mode" des débats auto/vélo je me suis jamais autant fait crier après, c'est pour ça que je me sauve de la ville et essaie de rouler le plus souvent possible sur les routes de campagne. On fini pas s'habituer aux morons, mais faut quand même rester prudent.

If the pedals come from the uk my guess is wiggle

I bought a Zone 3 wetsuit from Wiggle and had it in 4 days from placing the order. Chain reaction can be slow, I have an okay LBS but they can be sorta pricey

Selling the old Madone 3.1 for $800 today, could have gotten more but I liked this buyer, driving like 3 hours for it, good kid. The used market is HOT right now, tons of buyers if you're looking to sell anything. I could have got closer to a grand if I waited I think.

On another note the new CAAD12 is a fucking dream. It's the beginning of the season and I set some PRs on some climbs, the thing just wants to go and go and go. I highly recommend it in the 105 groupset if you've got about 2K to spend. I had an older 105 groupset on the old bike and all the trickle down tech to the current version is impressive, feels like old Ultegra. Stock wheels are fine but could use an upgrade.

Selling the old Madone 3.1 for $800 today, could have gotten more but I liked this buyer, driving like 3 hours for it, good kid. The used market is HOT right now, tons of buyers if you're looking to sell anything. I could have got closer to a grand if I waited I think.

On another note the new CAAD12 is a fucking dream. It's the beginning of the season and I set some PRs on some climbs, the thing just wants to go and go and go. I highly recommend it in the 105 groupset if you've got about 2K to spend. I had an older 105 groupset on the old bike and all the trickle down tech to the current version is impressive, feels like old Ultegra. Stock wheels are fine but could use an upgrade.

Tons of buyers because the new market is super super expensive. You can pick up a 2-3 mod to top end bike for the price of a low end. My gf and I went to look at new stuff for fun today and gebus... Even basic bikes with pretty low end group sets have insane pricing.

Only bonus today is I got a set of basic Shimano R540 pedals for 55$ locally and didn't get upsold!

Here is my commuter bike.

What I've done so far,
New grips, basic R540 pedals in black, I had water bottle cages off my road bike installed those. Installed annoying LED blinker. Cleaned, degreased the entire thing. Complete once over and tune up.
18110155_10158495798935696_722065178_o_zpshrt59d5k.jpg

095291d75ae243e4d9d0deca67e65892.jpg

To the end of the island and back
Je me prépare pour mon 80km a tremblant
J'ai un nouveau speedo sur le velo sa m'aide bcp a tenir le rythme!

Je me cherche des lunettes de soleil, budget de 150 environ. Je ne m'y connais vraiment pas. Quel modèle me conseillerez-vous? Et où magasiner?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

a 150$ des Smith avec leurs Cromo-Pop

Sinon up ton budget pi prend toi des Oakley. Pas des lunettes cheap qui après 10 rides auront pu de protection UV pi qu'après une couple de roche ta lentille va éclater

Tu as mis le lien sur lequel tu a clique a partir du email de confirmation, ce qui fait en sorte que l'on peut modifier ou suprimer ton annonce si on veut.

PS: Beau bécyk!

Oups...et clairement quelqu'un a effacé l'annonce. Merci MR...

GLL tu mesure combien pour rouler un xl avec le banc monter comme ca??

6 et 3.

Back