Road bike thread

Rule of thumb, ride at the highest pace you can without needing to breath with your mouth open. If you need to open your mouth to breath in, slow down a bit. As the weeks go by, you will find that your ability to burn fat will increase, your pace will go higher and you won't even be out of breath.

Have to say it again! Thank you SO MUCH for this bit of advice!! Before this, my longest ride was DDO->Terrebonne (57km). Was exhausted by the end of the ride and the rest of my day was shot.

Today: DDO to Oka then ferry to Hudson and back to DDO (paying close attention to my breathing) = 79km. Got back home, made dinner for the family, gave the kids showers and took them on a 4km walk!!! Feel like I could have gotten up to 100km but my ass was sore from the saddle...Working towards my 100km goal, slowly but surely.

Dam you dont work during the week? lol

Last sunday i did Ville saint laurent to oka beach and then some other place at goin, did 105 km,even drank some beers at the beach and felt great lol + another 50km today

Отправлено с моего CLT-L04 через Tapatalk

J'y pense ! tant qu'a être ici. Pour les intéressés. Je suis présentement en testing et recherche de sujets pour mon projet de maitrise en Kinésiologie.

Les tests se font au CGV. Ça dure environ 1h15-1h30 par personne au total. Ce sont des intervals de 20-30-40km/h sur environ 100m-200m dans différentes positions (les 3 classiques) et je dois prendre une photo de face du sujet dans chacune des positions.

Malheureusement il n'y a pas de compensation monétaire (C'est ça la vie d'un pauvre étudiant au cycle supérieur). Mais je peux payer en Microbrasserie seulement..

Dam you dont work during the week? lol

Last sunday i did Ville saint laurent to oka beach and then some other place at goin, did 105 km,even drank some beers at the beach and felt great lol + another 50km today

Lol I look on my strava page and see people on 100km rides like everyday and think "don't they work"

Avez-vous une site ou je pourrais acheter une casquette de vélo de route pas trop cher avec le shipping ? Pour le moment, amazon il a vraiment pas grand chose de qualité...

Old chain was out of specs

Old cassette looked old and the shifting wasnt always good(i dont know if previous owner replaced it before)

New chain and went from 12-25 to 11-28 cassette 105 today

Cant wait to try it on hills (i do a lot)
3a4e8240fab306b3e3de8d78f1693140.jpg

My riding gloves smell as bad as hockey gear in late spring. Can they be cleaned and with what? Or just to hell with it, overconsume and get new ones?

Nice ride this weekend! Finally cracked the 100km in 4h20min...Not the best time so will be working on improving that before being confined to riding in the basement all winter :(

Should I? Purchased a Cervelo R2 2 years ago, found a good deal on a R3. Should I buy it? Need experts to weigh in here...

My riding has been getting better and stronger

Trading a Cervelo R2 of 2 years, so probably still the newest frame generation for an R3. Is like buying a BMW 1M for an M2.

The main difference between both will be the carbon layering when they are molded. So yes the R3 will be a bit stiffer and a bit lighter frame for frame, but the difference isn't worth it imo.

My best advice would be to work on accessories upgrade that are less expensive and worth it. Better shoes and pedals, you will feel a noticable difference with stiffer outsole. A good classic is better wheels. Not necessarily carbon wheels, but simply higher quality wheels like Mavic ksyrium pro or Dura-ace C24, etc. If you wanna go carbon, it's also good. The good thing with better wheels also is that when you will be looking for a new bike, unless it's disc brake, you will be able to transfer those wheels.

If you have not done it, a good bike fit is also worth it, if not the best value for your money.

^^^ thanks for the tips...the price is attractive on the R3. $3900 with Dura Ace, tempting...

Good price, but top tiers groupset are overrated. Especially Dura-ace. There is practicly no difference between an ultegra and dura-ace in terms of shifting performance. also, wheels are probably crap on the bike something like mavic Askium or poor ksyrium. For the price difference that you would pay, I'd get a good set of wheels like mavic Cosmic, Roval CL50, or any other thing in this price range. Or a good pair of Giro Empire SLX/Tech-lace, S-works 7 shoes etc.

of course it's tempting, but I've been working in the bike industry for what 6 years now and after trying so many gear (especially cervelo) you won't get enough for what you pay

^^^ I never buy in impulse and I appreciate your feedback. What would you say are the best non carbon wheels? What should I budget? What shop are you at?

J'ai pété un putain de rayon tantot. Je ne savais pas que ca pouvait péter mais bon. Au moins il ne me restait que 7-8 km à faire avant d'arriver chez-moi.

Back