Road bike thread

I think I saw that first Pinarello at the bike Show last month.

Realistically how much faster is it compared to a 3-5k pleb bike? Sure I'd love it but I see so many rich people buying insane bikes, most end up on Kijji for pennies on the dollar or ridden to the cafe in Westmount

Meanwhile 65yr old dood passes you up the mountain on an 80s De Rosa

With my job I ride about 5 to 15 different road bike per summer ranging from 3.5K to 20K.

Is there a significant difference between a 3K bike and a 20K ? Yes. Is it worth the money ? No.

The average price range for big difference in terms of performance goes like this :
1K to 3K
3K to 7-8K

After that there isn’t much. I’d prefer 2X 8K bikes than one 16-17K bike performance wise since the margin of performance is minimal in Theses price range.

If I had the budget for an other 16K bike it wouldn’t be a carbon one anyway. Way to generic, soulless and common.

At that price I’d go for something custom like my Stinner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This and where would you ride a bike like that? I mean, the same argument applies to owning a supercar in Montreal let's say but you know you don't buy a supercar just because it's fast ;)

The roads in Baltimore aren't as quite as bad as Montreal but they're certainly not smooth, there are a lot of gaps and curbs and stuff. Plus, the nicer areas around the harbor are unipave...

It was a pleasure to ride my cyclocross yesterday and not worry about breaking a wheel, it was also very comfortable for what it is. I'm also certainly the weakest link.

This is part of the reason why I am investing in a direct drive trainer. Cycling in and around the roads in Montreal is terrible and dangerous. I will drive out on weekends to enjoy nice roads. Most of my training will remain indoors with a direct drive trainer.

This is part of the reason why I am investing in a direct drive trainer. Cycling in and around the roads in Montreal is terrible and dangerous. I will drive out on weekends to enjoy nice roads. Most of my training will remain indoors with a direct drive trainer.

For training this make sense... I bought a bike to spend more time outside :laugh:

For training this make sense... I bought a bike to spend more time outside :laugh:

Nothing beats riding outdoors, training indoors is not fun and boring at times.

However, to enjoy riding outdoors you have to leave the city and surroundings

Bon ben j'ai décidé aujourdhui d'aller me chercher un Garmin 520.

J'ai l'impression que si j'achète autre chose je vais être décu.

Nothing beats riding outdoors, training indoors is not fun and boring at times.

However, to enjoy riding outdoors you have to leave the city and surroundings
Meh it's pretty easy to leave MTL by bike... You could always hit up Voie Martime, Ile Perrot, Go out to soulanges canal, ride to Oka... Yea if you want to climb it requires a car ride but for the most part cycling is okay here.. just avoid the roads. My weeknight loop is around 50km

Bon ben j'ai décidé aujourdhui d'aller me chercher un Garmin 520.

J'ai l'impression que si j'achète autre chose je vais être décu.
Amazon.com had them on sale for 189$ USD. The Wahoo Element is 299$ USD cheaper shipped to Canada vs what you pay at a shop like MEC

Meh it's pretty easy to leave MTL by bike... You could always hit up Voie Martime, Ile Perrot, Go out to soulanges canal, ride to Oka... Yea if you want to climb it requires a car ride but for the most part cycling is okay here.. just avoid the roads. My weeknight loop is around 50km

Yes, but you live in the western part of the city. I live more towards the centre north.

Amazon.com had them on sale for 189$ USD. The Wahoo Element is 299$ USD cheaper shipped to Canada vs what you pay at a shop like MEC

I have a Wahoo Elemnt and it is great. In the sun, the monochromatic screen is great and the battery life is excellent. Very easy to setup and use.

Yes, but you live in the western part of the city. I live more towards the centre north.
I have a Wahoo Elemnt and it is great. In the sun, the monochromatic screen is great and the battery life is excellent. Very easy to setup and use.
Laval loop? Train du Nord?

Yea I like my Element Bolt, I sold it recently and decided to upgrade to the large own, easier to see. Oddly enough what I sold it for used will finance the new computer and 25$...

Laval loop? Train du Nord?

Yea I like my Element Bolt, I sold it recently and decided to upgrade to the large own, easier to see. Oddly enough what I sold it for used will finance the new computer and 25$...

I do make my way to Laval however getting there is not fun (traffic and terrible roads) and the roads are not that much better in Laval.

Je me magasine un road bike pour cet ete.

Vélo Louis Garneau Gennix E1 sport,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-velo-de-rou...ampaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

FELT ULTRA HYBRID CARBON RACING BIKE,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-velo-de-rou...ampaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Specialized s-works tarmac sl carbon,

Le quel vous me conseillez?

Jai fait pas mal de velo lete passé(travail,promenade partout en ville le soir et la fds.)

Vendredi je vais aller voir le specialized, il a lair pas mal mieux equipé des 3 dapres moi !

Отправлено с моего CLT-L04 через Tapatalk

ultegra ou 105 de ces années la ça revient au même. Le tarmac a un pédalier et un cadre de meilleur qualité. Si les roues ont de l'allure sur le tarmac j'irais chercher celui la.

Garneau c'est du cadre open-mold generique
Felt c'est correct mais leurs carbon laisse a désirer souvent.

Un 105 et un Ultegra de ces années là est sensiblement la même qualité ?

J'avais pensé avoir upgrader quand j'ai passé d'un Devinci monté en 105 pour un Tarmac monté en Ultegra justement, datant des années 2011-2012.

ultegra ou 105 de ces années la ça revient au même. Le tarmac a un pédalier et un cadre de meilleur qualité. Si les roues ont de l'allure sur le tarmac j'irais chercher celui la.

Garneau c'est du cadre open-mold generique
Felt c'est correct mais leurs carbon laisse a désirer souvent.
Le vendeur du tarmac me le laisse a 800$ ca lair pas pire comme deal

Отправлено с моего CLT-L04 через Tapatalk

oui effectivement ça me semble un bon deal. inspecte le frame comme il faut qu'il n'ait pas de crack apparente.

ouin, le Felt est un bike de TT.. je te suggère fortement de l'essayer comme il faut avant de l,acheter.. ca ne se comporte pas comme un vélo de route conventionnel. De plus, fait un test de changement de roue arrière (simuler une crevaison)... tu vas voir que c'est pas aussi easy sur un vélo de TT... :)

Moi aussi, j'irai plus avec le Tarmac

Back