Road bike thread

le monde s'essaye, il reste presque plus rien en stock et les booking 2021 arrivent au compte goutte. J'ai recommencé à travailler un ptit 3 jours semaines au Quilicot et c'est le chaos.

On a des bons deal juste sur des bikes à 5K et +

Es-tu retourne à sainte Thérèse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dam, premiere ride sur zwift, je sais pas ou mettre ma sueur tellment que ca coule de partout lol

Отправлено с моего CLT-L04 через Tapatalk

et c'est pour ça que je dois remplacer mes jeux de direction 1x par ans...

perso, j'utilise un sèche chaussure/mitaine pour mes souliers de bike pour que ça pue moins

Freaking weather is gonna be so nice but I can only get out there on weekends now with it being pitch dark by 5 lol...

Got the MILLE GT ULTRAZ WINTER BIB TIGHTS and they're really meant for winter lol, like when they say they're good down to -4 I believe it, feels like a bit of a waste unless I can afford a "winter" second bike lol

Yeah the weather is looking nice, even if it gets dark early im gonna ride anyways

Got the Kickr V5 today with a 105 cassette slapped on there for good measure. I bought some networking hardware today as well just by chance so the wallet is liiiight right now...

The thing is I'm probably not gonna get the Kickr set up until I'm done with outdoor rides because I'm not a big fan of going back and forth. I like to just clean the roadie and then it's on the trainer for the whole winter.

I feel bad having something so cool just sitting there lol, but I'm still getting out there sooo...

Ok so got the Kickr set up finally. Have some noise when in the big ring coming from the cassette area, probably due to new cassette and "old" chain. Chain I checked and doesn't even have 0.5 wear but it does have a few thousand k's on it soooo. Shifts are good so I'm just gonna give it 100k or so and if the noise doesn't calm down I'll start looking further into it. Noises are always "worse" on a trainer because you're inside hearing it and you're putting torque down in scenarios where usually you've got wind going by your ears at 30km/hr. Need to just let the OCD get used to it.

The handle on the Kickr makes it easy to fold up the legs on the trainer and then wheel the bike/trainer assembly on the front wheel like a wheel barrow (carefully cuz it's fucking heavy) which is exactly what I wanted. And with 0 calibration after moving it all is well, plug and play.

This morning I swapped out the chain despite it not being over worn, it did the trick and things quieted down. Did an event on Zwift (I kinda missed those actually) and if I was even slightly cross chaining, the FD was making a racket and chain was rubbing on the outer front right corner of it. Afterwards I narrowed it down to the support bolt on the FD perhaps not being screwed in enough. Now I can crosschain without friction but of course the extreme front/rear combos are still off limits.

The trainer has been excellent in that I don't need to think about it. It doesn't need calibration, the signal is super strong so pairs up immediately, it's super quiet... in fact my drivetrain is much louder than the trainer, much.

I think going into NEXT winter season I'll pick up an inexpensive bike with 105 and a good non BB30 bottom bracket and have that be dedicated to the trainer. It takes so much to nail down all the gremlins going back and forth between road and trainer set ups using the same rig that it's just not worth it. Keep road bike sorted for road, keep trainer bike sorted for trainer and that's that. The way I'm set up now with one for both I think will keep me indoors this Spring for longer because I'll be hesitant to set things up with my road wheel just to get out there for a session... This Spring I'll probably need to take the cassette off the trainer and put it on my road wheel because the chain won't mesh well otherwise. Jumping back and forth in early Spring or late Fall between trainer and road sessions really does require 2 bikes.

Its doesnt take that much time to remove the bike, its the cleaning of the bike after riding outdoor that takes time lol

N +1!!

Nettoyer le cadre ça sert pas à grand chose; c'est nettoyer le drivetrain qui est important/long à faire.

Its doesnt take that much time to remove the bike, its the cleaning of the bike after riding outdoor that takes time lol

Removing and replacing bike on trainer is a piece of cake, getting the drivetrain just right when switching back and forth is a pain.

petit update suite à ma question sur le flow smart.

J'ai finalement opté pour un direct drive et j'ai réussi à mettre la main sur un flux 2.
merci pour vos conseils

Last edited:
Cest moi ou zwift cest plus tuff que la vrai vie?

Ex: tenir 300watts en climb je trouve ca vraiment dur comparer en vrai

ca dépend du setup j'imagine. Avec mon bike sur le rouleau, le bike feel presque comme à l'extérieur.

Par contre, ça prend un bon setup de fan; car ton HR va monter pas mal si tu surchauffe. Je recommande aussi un sèche mitaine/botes pour faire sécher tes souliers. Perso ça me coule sur les jambes et mes souliers sont trempés quand je pousse pas mal.

Je suis trempe mais pas aux pied pour l'instant aha

J'imagine que je vais m'habituer, mon cul un peu a la longue aussi

Back