Road bike thread

Seen a guy with these tiny things for his shoes instead of pedals, where is he supposed to put a reflector on that? Or maybe those are like "off road" use, I don't know, but man a lot of people going to get screwed riding up north.

edit

wonder if a reflector band on the crank would be ok

edit II

"Amber or white reflectors on each pedal. If the pedals are not equipped with such reflectors, the cyclist must wear a reflective band around each ankle or shoes with reflective strips"

Yeah you can replace reflectors on the pedal with reflective ankle-bands, I've heard of people just putting 3M tape on the back of their clipless shoes. Otherwise this would effectively be a ban on riding clipless.

I got into an argument with my GF family about this. I said how about having an info session along popular cycling routes with cops, cadets and local borough people to inform people about the laws etc. SPVM comminuty out reach is terrible. Here is a ticket and deal with it mentality. Also reflectors are useless with cars that have HIDs or LEDs headlights, the light spectrum is different and doesn't reflect the same.

The vast majority of reflectors are uterly useless unless they're at the perfect height and angle or else they don't reflect shit.

I was just thinking when I read this story,if you run into an overzealous cop while on your roadbike and he starts giving you individiual tickets for each missing reflector that's $500. Each wheel, front/back reflector, pedals.

Nighttime riders are required to have blinking front and rear lights (which I'm fine with)

If they're going to start doing this then I expect them to start ticketing every single car that has a burnt tail light and that's every 10-year old nissan out there. I swear I can't remember the last time I've seen a pre-2010 nissan that didn't have one burnt tail light.

Brb, going to Canadian tire or sport experts.

I think I have some reflecting white 3m vinyl, at least I'll spare my wheels.

Last edited:
I'm going all in

New-2017-arrival-Bike-Bicycle-Wheel-Plastic-Spoke-Bead-Children-Kids-Clip-Colored-Decoration-Hot-Sale.jpg_640x640.jpg

So far all my bike purchases fell through, now looking to buy a used CCM but with a large frame and hardtail and make 1 out of the two. I will get funky decor on my wheels, hell yeah for the shits and giggles!

Supposed to go see the CCM tomorrow, it's a size 20 so if the seller who claimed that he got it from his uncle 5 years ago is 5'2", it's stolen. lol The bike in your link looks nice though, with fuel it's 250$ lol

damn I need sleep

Last edited:
^^ not sure that is sufficient.

Well, here is the first case of a $381 fine in Montreal

https://cyclingmagazine.ca/sections/news/cyclist-in-montreal-fined-reflectors-on-his-bike/

according to the CSR it's not.

ACCESSOIRES DE VISIBILITÉ OBLIGATOIRES SUR LE VÉLO
Réflecteur blanc à l'avant
Un des accessoires de visibilité suivants sur la roue avant :
-réflecteur jaune ou blanc fixé aux rayons de la roue avant et visible des deux côtés de la bicyclette
-pneu dont les deux flancs sont réfléchissants
-jante dont les deux côtés portent une bande réfléchissante continue sur toute la circonférence

En l’absence de dispositifs réfléchissants sur la roue avant, vous devez installer une bande réfléchissante jaune ou blanche de chaque côté de la fourche.

Réflecteur rouge à l'arrière
Un des accessoires de visibilité suivants sur la roue arrière :
réflecteur rouge ou blanc fixé aux rayons de la roue arrière et visible des deux côtés de la bicyclette
pneu dont les deux flancs sont réfléchissants
jante dont les deux côtés portent une bande réfléchissante continue sur toute la circonférence
En l’absence de dispositifs réfléchissant sur la roue arrière, vous devez installer une bande réfléchissante rouge ou blanche sur chaque hauban.

So technically it's either: reflectors in your spokes, tires or rims that are fully reflective or reflective stickers on your fork.

At that point I'd rather just have the reflective stickers on the fork and not give them the opportunity to ticket me on technicalities.

https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/securite-routiere/moyens-deplacement/velo/velo-equipements/

Déjà un bon ptit 300km de fait depuis 2 semaines avec le peu de temps que j'ai. Gunner à 45 dans de la gravel avec du beat (le petit cylindre noir dans mon bottle cage c'est un speaker) c'est le meilleur feeling ever. L'attente a value la peine ! Même le seatpost en alu Thomson, beaucoup plus confortable que j'pensais ! J'suis down pour un meet gravel and beer MR !

IMG_0548.jpg

Sont ou tes reflecteurs le jeune? Pis ce t’exawsse la, ca pas l’air d’origine... ta susoension non plus...

Sont ou tes reflecteurs le jeune? Pis ce t’exawsse la, ca pas l’air d’origine... ta susoension non plus...

le pire c'Est que j'en ai des réflecteurs ahah. J'ai des collants Glint sur : le seatpost, les pédales (et mes shoes), sur le handle bar.

Pi rien sur mes roues, m'en calisse de pogner un ticket, no way que j'vais mettre de la cochonnerie sur un bike comme ça.

Je ferais pareil. Ils font quoi les polisses si on a pas de papier d'identification avec nous en bécyk?

Back