Affichage des résultats 2 361 à 2 380 sur 2396

Discussion: Road bike thread

Platinum Racer

Status
    Car:
    Honda Civitte
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I did!!! After a night of poor judgement on top of it Hahahaha (had a few beers - after having ZERO alcohol for over 6 months + slept at 1am).

Nonetheless, a few electrolyte tablets and 2 energy gels later I did West Island to Terrebonne (56km) in 2h16min. Took the ferry to Ile Bizard and the bridge to Deux-Montagnes then the 344 almost all the way to my destination. Been slowly increasing my distance and this was a new record for me, looking forward to the next milestone but starting to realize I should brush up on my nutrition (pre and post ride) to have better performance. Might look into a nutritionist...

Status
    Car:
    No vehicle Boosted
    A.K.A:
    MrFondu
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If you pace yourself and stay aerobic outside of uphill climbs, you can do a whole lot more clicks then that on just a cup of oatmeal and proper hydration. The only issue is saddle soreness which will resolve over time. Then again, I don't know what your goal is, endurance training or speed?

Premium

Status
    Car:
    BMW Group
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par Larkee Voir le message
    If you pace yourself and stay aerobic outside of uphill climbs, you can do a whole lot more clicks then that on just a cup of oatmeal and proper hydration. The only issue is saddle soreness which will resolve over time. Then again, I don't know what your goal is, endurance training or speed?
    That's one thing I've learned. Back off effort a tad and distance/comfort improves massively. Same goes warming up.

Hydration and eating on the ride plays a huge roll as well.

Legacy Member

Status
    Car:
    A.K.A:
    accord2002
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Or just get some buddies that will out shape you and the ego will kick in and you’ll do longer distance lol
    Citation Envoyé par MontrealM3 Voir le message
    Christ speaks the truth, amen.

5. Likes SUBARU_WRX_STi Liked this post
    Platinum Racer

Status
    Car:
    Honda Civitte
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What do you mean by «*stay aerobic*»? Not sure I understand and would like to know more...

As for my goal, I don’t even know! As a small background, I’m in my late 30’s and was overweight. Completely changed my eating habits and lost 60 pounds. A year and a half ago I quit smoking (was a sometimes heavy smoker my whole life) and starting cycling, so obviously I’m not in excellent shape but working on it slowly but surely. Ultimately I think what I’d like is to go long distances (100+ km) once or twice a week I guess.

Citation Envoyé par Gregster Voir le message
    That's one thing I've learned. Back off effort a tad and distance/comfort improves massively. Same goes warming up.

Hydration and eating on the ride plays a huge roll as well.
    That’s 100% true. At first I was going out and giving it all I had, but once I started to pace myself it seemed like I made a huge leap forward.

Now I think the time has come to educate myself more on nutrition...

Citation Envoyé par Christ Voir le message
    Or just get some buddies that will out shape you and the ego will kick in and you’ll do longer distance lol
    Would LOVE that! Unfortunately none of my friends cycle so that’s a no-go for now, but I’m on the lookout

Status
    Car:
    No vehicle Boosted
    A.K.A:
    MrFondu
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Putting it simply: Aerobic means you're using a source of energy that needs external oxygen (fatty acids.) Anaerobic means the intensity of what you're doing exceeds the oxygen your lungs, blood and heart can take in. Your body needs to turn to a source of energy that doesn't require external oxygen to complement the fat burning (Glycogen.) Your glycogen reserves are pretty slim, roughly 600 grams and your body won't let you go below 125 grams (this is when you hit the wall.) Your fat reserves on the other are cheap and cheerful, even for a a very lean person, you got pounds of it. So if you maintain an intensity that allows you to burn mostly fatty acids and maintain your glycogen reserves, you can sustain that exercise for a really long time.

Rule of thumb, ride at the highest pace you can without needing to breath with your mouth open. If you need to open your mouth to breath in, slow down a bit. As the weeks go by, you will find that your ability to burn fat will increase, your pace will go higher and you won't even be out of breath.

That being said, depleting your glycogen reserves once a week will do wonders for your metabolism, insulin sensitivity and your body will reward you for decades to come.

8. Likes TheDamned, cassard Liked this post
    Premium

Status
    Car:
    BMW Group
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That's about the best post I've ever read on mr

Premium

Status
    Car:
    BMW Group
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par Christ Voir le message
    I'm pretty out of shape compared to last year thanks to an injury. Last year in the group I ride with I was top 3 "fastest" (we aren't that fast but you get it) now I'm freaking slow AF. I just can't find that rythm

Premium

Status
    Car:
    Toyota plate
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    for physiological responses to different efforts you can refer to this. The only problem is that thoses zones are created with a power meter and FTP, but you can refer to them with your RPE.

RPE zones will look like this rate from 1 to 10.

1-3/10 = Zone 1
    3-4/10 = Zone 2
    4-6/10 = Zone 3
    6-7/10 = Sweet Spot and Zone 4
    7-9/10 = Zone 4-5
    9-10/10 = Zone 5
    11+/10 = zone 7

For Fat burning and good physiological adaptations I like to stay in Zone 3 and Sweet spot. Zone 3 (5-6/10) like Larke said should be very hard. You should be able to keep a light conversation with someone, but not a monologue. The best zone for overall adaptations is the Sweet spot zone in my opinion. You breath not heavy but not light, you sweat a bit, but you can keep the pace for a long time (kind of In the zone) where the speed feels good and the effort to. You will be burning fat and having a lot of good benefits for less longer rides that zone 3 rides.

stakozeketsé

Citation Envoyé par Broody Voir le message
    une swift gt disons (sur la même base) est très fun oui, probablement plus qu'une porsche
    Citation Envoyé par KossaK Voir le message
    je ne suis pas un reference non plus.

12. Likes Larkee Liked this post
    Platinum Racer

Status
    Car:
    Honda Civitte
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Larkee, Cassard & Gregster, thank you SO much for your help and explanations, it’s really appreciated. Your knowledge is very helpful to me and I very much appreciate you taking the time to share it!

Premium

Status
    Car:
    BMW Group
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Climbing is getting better. I'm starting to enjoy going up the mountain.

Status
    Car:
    No vehicle Boosted
    A.K.A:
    MrFondu
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You can always count on Cassard for the wizard level knowledge.

Status
    Car:
    No vehicle Boosted
    A.K.A:
    MrFondu
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    70.27km ride today. Pre/Post ride weight 204.6/198.9. That heat wave lol.

Platinum Racer

Status
    Car:
    Honda Civitte
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Rule of thumb, ride at the highest pace you can without needing to breath with your mouth open. If you need to open your mouth to breath in, slow down a bit. As the weeks go by, you will find that your ability to burn fat will increase, your pace will go higher and you won't even be out of breath.
    Have to say it again! Thank you SO MUCH for this bit of advice!! Before this, my longest ride was DDO->Terrebonne (57km). Was exhausted by the end of the ride and the rest of my day was shot.

Today: DDO to Oka then ferry to Hudson and back to DDO (paying close attention to my breathing) = 79km. Got back home, made dinner for the family, gave the kids showers and took them on a 4km walk!!! Feel like I could have gotten up to 100km but my ass was sore from the saddle...Working towards my 100km goal, slowly but surely.

18. Likes SkIz, SUBARU_WRX_STi, Larkee Liked this post
    Pure Baller

Status
    Car:
    Subaru SRT4
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dam you dont work during the week? lol

Last sunday i did Ville saint laurent to oka beach and then some other place at goin, did 105 km,even drank some beers at the beach and felt great lol + another 50km today

Отправлено с моего CLT-L04 через Tapatalk

Premium

Status
    Car:
    Toyota plate
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    J'y pense ! tant qu'a être ici. Pour les intéressés. Je suis présentement en testing et recherche de sujets pour mon projet de maitrise en Kinésiologie.

Les tests se font au CGV. Ça dure environ 1h15-1h30 par personne au total. Ce sont des intervals de 20-30-40km/h sur environ 100m-200m dans différentes positions (les 3 classiques) et je dois prendre une photo de face du sujet dans chacune des positions.

Malheureusement il n'y a pas de compensation monétaire (C'est ça la vie d'un pauvre étudiant au cycle supérieur). Mais je peux payer en Microbrasserie seulement..
    stakozeketsé

Citation Envoyé par Broody Voir le message
    une swift gt disons (sur la même base) est très fun oui, probablement plus qu'une porsche
    Citation Envoyé par KossaK Voir le message
    je ne suis pas un reference non plus.

Premium

Status
    Car:
    BMW Group
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par SUBARU_WRX_STi Voir le message
    Dam you dont work during the week? lol

Last sunday i did Ville saint laurent to oka beach and then some other place at goin, did 105 km,even drank some beers at the beach and felt great lol + another 50km today

Lol I look on my strava page and see people on 100km rides like everyday and think "don't they work"

22. Likes TheDamned, SUBARU_WRX_STi Liked this post

Status
    Car:
    Audi Trotinette
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Avez-vous une site ou je pourrais acheter une casquette de vélo de route pas trop cher avec le shipping ? Pour le moment, amazon il a vraiment pas grand chose de qualité...

Pure Baller

Status
    Car:
    Subaru SRT4
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Old chain was out of specs

Old cassette looked old and the shifting wasnt always good(i dont know if previous owner replaced it before)

New chain and went from 12-25 to 11-28 cassette 105 today

Cant wait to try it on hills (i do a lot)

Status
    Car:
    No vehicle Boosted
    A.K.A:
    MrFondu
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My riding gloves smell as bad as hockey gear in late spring. Can they be cleaned and with what? Or just to hell with it, overconsume and get new ones?

Page 119 sur 120 PremièrePremière ... 1969109117118119120 DernièreDernière

Règles de messages