Road bike thread

yours rear axle is 135mm wide, you can go for MTB 29in wheels. (I don't know if the front compatibility is OK, might want to check as well).

Quelqu'un utilise ça? J'ai besoin d'un nouveau case pour mon iPhone et celui de Quadlock a l'air bien et ferait que je pourrait le mettre sur mon bike...

Get Hed Belgium rims, some BHS hubs, and have a local shop build them.

Is it really worth having a custom wheel for a beginner like me? How much should I expect a local shop to charge for building them?

Do you have any models in particular that you'd like to recommend for my application?

Guys,

Does anyone here ever use bike locks when you ride an expensive bike? Or you just never leave it unattended? What about just being near your bike and someone grabbing it and riding off?

so apparently the stem on my road bike is too long for me (after getting fitted) I need to check but I think I have a 120mm.
does anyone have a 90 or 100 mm sitting around they would want to get rid of?

Guys,

Does anyone here ever use bike locks when you ride an expensive bike? Or you just never leave it unattended? What about just being near your bike and someone grabbing it and riding off?

I always have a lock with me if I'm ridding around town (besides I always have my emergency kit (tube,tools and co2 with me in a small bag anyways so what's the extra lock?) even if you have nothing to lock the bike to, always lock the rear wheel to the vertical post of your frame. fucker won't be able to ride off with it and you sure as hell won't out run me while trying to carry the bike away.

so apparently the stem on my road bike is too long for me (after getting fitted) I need to check but I think I have a 120mm.
does anyone have a 90 or 100 mm sitting around they would want to get rid of?

As in your stem tube sticks out too much past the handle bar?

As in your stem tube sticks out too much past the handle bar?

nope he is talking about the stem holding his handlebar :

50-0210-BLK-ANGLE.JPG

Weight-Fig.jpg

even if you have nothing to lock the bike to, always lock the rear wheel to the vertical post of your frame. fucker won't be able to ride off with it and you sure as hell won't out run me while trying to carry the bike away.

I've been thinking about doing this, too, but is this really necessary? Anyone else do this all the time?

MR cyclists, looking for a beginer road bike, $900 to $1500 max, I'm 6'4, I run over 30km a week and do 100-130 km a week on a spinning bike every week. I would use it like twice weekly for 2-3 hour rides. What would be my best bet for my money?

Man that budget can get you a pretty sweet slightly used bike
Cannondale, trek, specialized, giant etc I'll let the experts guide you. Bought a alpha 1.2 last year for half that budget so I guess a Caad or a trek alpha 2.x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd call around a few bike shops and see if they have any left over stock from last season, usually you can get a sweet discount this time of the year if they have anything left, the taller frames are usually harder for them to sell also. In that price range you should be able to at least get something with a carbon fork, probably shimano tiagra maybe ultegra if you go older. But I'd definitely go with either a used bike or last seasons.

C'est pour quand la Ride MR Bike Thread ? :p

Lachine Grand Jetté - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve quelques lap - Brasserie St-Ambroise :beer:

J'ai toaster mon corps de cassette ! J'attend la pièce chez LA CORDÉE .... les seul qui tienne du BontRager pour des 29er .....

C'est pour quand la Ride MR Bike Thread ? :p

Lachine Grand Jetté - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve quelques lap - Brasserie St-Ambroise :beer:

In for MR ride, but maybe we could do a loop that starts and ends in the Old Port so that it's a central location for everyone?

Je recommence apres plus d'un an sans touché un vélo.. pis j'ai pris beaucoup de poids :-|... pourquoi je dis ca ? si la ride est une alley cat race comme Spiter_01 dit, je suis in.. si elle est de 1h00-1h15 max ! :) lol

j'aime pas les chill ride

Back