Road bike thread

Ouhais, j'suis en dilemme face à tout ça... D'autant plus qu'un powermeter me tente et pourrait fucker la patente.

surtout que des Shimano à boyaux C35 c'est presque 3000$ neuf

Pour les powermeter, stages power sont tres nice et pas trop chère ou Garmin Vector offrent 1 seule pédale au lieu des deux, fak moins chère.

Pour le prix d'une paire de C35 à boyaux tu pourrais avoir un Stages power + C24 clincher (qui sont quand meme en bas de 1300g)

surtout que des Shimano à boyaux C35 c'est presque 3000$ neuf

Pour les powermeter, stages power sont tres nice et pas trop chère ou Garmin Vector offrent 1 seule pédale au lieu des deux, fak moins chère.

Pour le prix d'une paire de C35 à boyaux tu pourrais avoir un Stages power + C24 clincher (qui sont quand meme en bas de 1300g)
Ouhais... Ce qui fait chier du Stages est de le changer à chaque nouveau vélo ou presque, alors que du côté Vector il y a beaucoup de problèmes de fiabilité.

@Xcessiv Très belle machine!! *tu*
J'approuve pour la photo du côté pédalier. :D

S8C4wMl.jpg

I'm assuming this Chainring needs replacement, any suggestions on where I should pick one up online? What specs am I looking for to replace this thing? and yes yes I'm replacing the chain.... i know some of the teeth are a little less pronounced than the others to aid in shifting but I think it's still time to change.... should I just get a new crankset?

Last edited:
get a 110 bolt pattern (written on it) and it depends if you still want a compact or want to go bigger rings. Changing a crankset isn't worth it on a SRAM Apex groupset

I have a set of stronglight ct2 36-52t laying around, it doesn't fit my setup... Some of the best chainrings on the market.

I just stripped the frame of my 90's Ishiwata road bike. The paint was scratched and looking a little dingy. Will be taking in town to bare metal and re-spraying it in black automotive paint with a clear coat.

Does anyone have a particular paint stripper that you recommend? It's just a regular chromoly frame.

I wouldn't get a new frame, so don't even start.

Mine still has pegs for friction shifters which I absolutely LOVE. Made in Japan Suntour running gear, solid billet aluminium, so I'm good.

I just stripped the frame of my 90's Ishiwata road bike. The paint was scratched and looking a little dingy. Will be taking in town to bare metal and re-spraying it in black automotive paint with a clear coat.

Does anyone have a particular paint stripper that you recommend? It's just a regular chromoly frame.

I wouldn't get a new frame, so don't even start.

Mine still has pegs for friction shifters which I absolutely LOVE. Made in Japan Suntour running gear, solid billet aluminium, so I'm good.

If you really love the frame just bring it to Marinoni to get it resprayed they are pro's and been in the business of steel frames for so long!

If you really love the frame just bring it to Marinoni to get it resprayed they are pro's and been in the business of steel frames for so long!
Marioni huh? Never heard of em.

Well I want to learn how to spray paint steel. I eventually want to be able to re-spray cars too.

I've got all the kit except for a compressor and airbrush kit. I'll be using spray cans for this job. Its a bike frame, so no big deal.

I saw a kid from California do a really decent job on his 180sx on YouTube, I was impressed!

Vous avez des défis pour cet été?
J'ai recommencé à m'entraîner un peu plus sérieusement, je vise ma revenge pour le 105km du parc de la Mauricie en septembre suivis du 5 ou 10 km de course le lendemain..

Any suggestions for a torque wrench for working on bikes and lugs for cars? I already have this one (http://www.parktool.com/product/ratcheting-click-type-torque-wrench-tw-5 ) for doing the little tightening from 3-15 nm, but I need one that can do 40nm for the cassette etc and up to like whatever the equivalent of 90 lb ft for car lugs. So basically I'm looking to get a "big" one lol. What do?

This one would be perfect for the bike but it's expeez and wouldn't be enough for car lugs ( http://www.parktool.com/product/ratcheting-click-type-torque-wrench-tw-6 )

Moi je veux juste me refaire des poumons qui ont de l'allure apres mon caillot, et en faire plus que l'an passé ou j'ai recommencer a faire du bike ! Quand la forme va etre revenu je veux peu etre me lancer dans le downhill

mon objectif : être capable de sprinter mon boss pi le chef technicien à ma job ou au moins être capable de les suivres.

Back