Audi Quattro A4 1.8t ... no boost ?

The Overclocker

hey guys i just bought this car and i have a 2003 jetta 1.8t 180hp the audi is 150hp .. since i have both 1.8t's i can clearly compare and i definitely don't have that 150hp, the audi pull as much as my 2.0l golf ...

where can i get this diagnosed without being ripped off ?

i would consider Mr.member to do the job as well

if u guys know anyone here please let me know or pm me directly

thanks guys !

Hahahah...I thought the same thing when I got my A4...turns out stock they're just slow as fuck. Even my Passat 1.8T chipped will eat it for lunch (A4 is chipped also). The added weight and Quattro make a huge difference in power...

If you really think there's a problem, though, hook up a boost gauge and see for yourself. I thought there was something wrong as well, but then hooked up my gauge and saw that it was actually just normal.

Start by getting a boost gauge if your don't have one, then youll know if you have a boost leak or not, shouldnt be that slow, not even close to a 2.0l

i don't have a boost gauge to test with it unfortunately, but when i drive the jetta i can clearly hear the turbo spooling and feel the boost either driving slow or fast and its stock aswell , the audi has such huge lag and power differance ... there is definitely something with the car but im clueless on turbo system, i understand how they work but wont be able to trouble shoot this one out , i need someone with vagcom and experience basically i guess ?

vag com is a start, but a boost gage is a must, don't know why but boost problem seem more frequent on the a4 then on the jetta / golf, I've had quite a few problem myself, but I can assure you, when boost is fine, the car pull almost as hard as any golf / jetta even with the weight of the quattro...

Stock 1.8t audi are s'ow as fuck..believe it or not.
Not the same power as golf 1.8t, hp/torque isn't the same and audi is quattro, might just be normal haha

ok after doing 4-5k on her already i learned a little, i have no boost leak , i have electrical power loss , thats how it felt like if i need new coils and spark plugs woulnd do any bad as well

on the jetta a couple years ago i changed the coils and wow .. i gain back a lost 20 hp minimum

the audi pulls hard sometime like i have that 150hp but then some times i dont... i love it when i have the power , never have to rev to high to get the torque i need, never have to downshift because it lacks of power, so if the car does boost sometimes and lets say i can do 1-2 & 3 gear pulls but then sometimes it dosent .. that hesitating makes me guess its the coils but i could be wrong again ..

and the car leaks gaz but i did some google search and found that its a common issue on the b5 to have the gaz filters crush washers to be finished ?

i think this is a vagcom situation for easy trouble shooting

Who can i go to check this out ? Im a noob on turbo cars .. I do understand how they work but im still a noob .. I wont be able to fix her ..

In sure theres someone here that know there shit .. Pm

check les diy les dv sont pas dispendieuse ni trop difficile a changer. sinon ya une couple de garage vw/audi dans le coin de mtl.

thanks bud ^

but i've googled a little today and learned how to test them and reffering to the net , my dv is 100% fucked , so i called worldpac and they have it in stock 06A145710N , the N should be the later version more heavy duty then those bosch ones , so i did a little homework and now im going outside to check her out to see if the dv is really fucked , should be easy to check ones removed

fucking easy job .... its out and its not working .... now i need a new one where can i buy one today ?

original 06a-145-710n

or a forged one

need it asap called perry they dont have .. they need to order

im sure someone on this forum with a shop, has one laying around ..

ok so little update .......

i bought a Evolution Motorsports Billet Diverter Valve

and guess what ... no fucking differance at all !! wtf ...

i seriously need help on this one .. the dv was not holding vacuum so i changed it .. and now the car dosent behave any better .. wtf for real ?? im sooo poor right now and this bitch has been a real bitch so far ..

Back